Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Lost connection to Mix and Control (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=322485)

musikrolf 05-11-2012 05:44 AM

Lost connection to Mix and Control

I have a PC with Windows 7 X64 connected to MC Mix and MC Control, since yesterday. Everything went smooth, but from yesterday on the devices appear no longer in the EU Control panel. I see the devices in my LAN, I can make a ping from the hosts to the devives, working. But in no way I am able to connect. I swear, I did not change the configuration of the PC.
Any help?

Rolf
PS: The last thing I checked when they were alive, was for firmware update. But they respond they'd be up to date.

rcutz 05-14-2012 10:25 AM

Re: Lost connection to Mix and Control

I`m having the same issue here. More than one year of initerrupt use of a mix and control and today, from nothing they start to lost communication.

In my case it is a intermitent problem. I can do the same check as you, but they "lock" to pro tools, then unclock... then lock again.

Also I have the firmware uptodate...

mac os x 10.6.7.
PT HD 10
HD Native.

klyg 05-15-2012 04:10 PM

Same problems here, both on Mac and win7. Tried static ip, same problems, tried to trash Mac preferences, tried adding a dedicated router ....., no way. Lost of Eucon specially when running more 10 tracks or more. Eucon weakness = Network instability. Please AVID improve Eucon.

tried Avid suggestions : update last firmware / drivers (of course I did it, Avid !)
Connect mc mix and control direct to mac ? (how can then I use Eucon on the network with other mac / win7 workstation ?) isn't Eucon supposed be "applications ware" ?

All that is unacceptable and not "PRO" at all !

I am musician, not network / computer administrator !

rcutz 05-15-2012 04:31 PM

Hi, after an entire day fighting against it, I re-install the PT 10 and the EUCON.
And it works... I also take it out to the router using a dedicated switch.
but it come from now where and now is gone...

robertg 05-16-2012 07:33 PM

the problem probably lies in the protools implementation and not the physical networking hardware, I don't have this problems at all using logic.

klyg 05-16-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertg (Post 1931739)
the problem probably lies in the protools implementation and not the physical networking hardware, I don't have this problems at all using logic.

True logic is more stable,
But I have the same problems using Logic 9,
it's Eucon Level

Please AVID improve Eucon's code

Bluebeep 05-20-2012 08:12 PM

Good to hear about it maybe being a ProTools thing (I'm a Logic user). I've been considering buying these devices and becoming a little turned off reading about connectivity problems all over.

Thanks for clearing it up a bit.

Maybe others can verify? If you can detail your experiences, you can probably help figure out the exact setup that causes the issue and maybe Avid makes a fix for it?

lberrios1962 05-23-2012 07:00 AM

Guys I had the same problems with Protools 10 and Samplitude Pro X. At the end I returned the Control, it wasnt worthy. It's not just Protools, Eucon is not stable at all.

chris-euphonix 05-23-2012 07:14 AM

It's rock solid here (with Mac running Logic).

FWIW my Artist units have the default configuration ("use DHCP"), and the DHCP server on my router is using static reservations, so each surface always gets the same IP address.

klyg 05-23-2012 07:34 AM

Hi Chris,

How many units o you have ?

Because even with static reservation, my control + 2 mix keep on losing connection, but with 1 control and 1 mix, no problem...And disconnections happens only with osx lion, not with win7x64...

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris-euphonix (Post 1933620)
It's rock solid here (with Mac running Logic).

FWIW my Artist units have the default configuration ("use DHCP"), and the DHCP server on my router is using static reservations, so each surface always gets the same IP address.