Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   iPad via lightning cable - not working - how to set up? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=392414)

Sir Hannes 07-13-2017 08:36 AM

iPad via lightning cable - not working - how to set up?

Hi,

following the manual, there's just a chapter about using WiFi. I want to use the cable, but can't see how to set it up. If I connect it and shut down wifi connection - it's still not working.
How can I do that?

Thanks
Johannes

remotedude 07-14-2017 02:47 AM

Re: iPad via lightning cable - not working - how to set up?

I got mine working by using an Apple lightning to USB_Power adapter. It's important as you still need to power the adapter. It's an active device and without power it doesn't work. The I plugged an Apple USB to Ethernet adapter into that. Once in you get a menu on the IPAD for Ethernet settings. I've set up static IP's for all and it works like a charm.

Sir Hannes 07-14-2017 07:09 AM

I have the same setup, but I can't see a page for the network. Do you mean inside the ProToolsControl App?

reichman 07-14-2017 08:01 AM

No. Go to the regular iOS settings and you'll see on the top level an Ethernet option. Works really well. And I've never had any need to assign static IPs.

Sir Hannes 07-14-2017 10:05 AM

I can't follow, what's the regular iOS settings? When I look in the preference of my iPad there's nothing like an ethernet option. Under "WLAN" I just can activate or deactivate the wifi. Could you please be more specific? :confused:

Southsidemusic 07-14-2017 10:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here press the "i" Icon on the choose a network second section and there you have ip and such.

reichman 07-14-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

I can't follow, what's the regular iOS settings? When I look in the preference of my iPad there's nothing like an ethernet option. Under "WLAN" I just can activate or deactivate the wifi. Could you please be more specific?
You won't see it unless you have both the Apple Camera kit which provides USB, and the Apple Ethernet USB adapter (I forget the exact names). When everything is hooked up properly with both adapters, Ethernet appears.

Sir Hannes 07-14-2017 12:48 PM

Okay, thank you guys. Then I misunderstood. I use the lightning on a USB3-Port (active). I thought the ProToolsControl-protocol would take this way, too.

Then I will go on with WiFi. If my project is busy, I used to turn WiFi off to save CPU. But now I will see how it works. The app is great, so I am thankful about that.

Cheers
Johannes