Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Missing iLok Authorization for PT 10 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=316579)

autodaFe 01-31-2012 12:52 PM

Missing iLok Authorization for PT 10

Hello,

I have got the same problem as the one detailed in this thread, but on Mac. Everything was working fine till this morning and now I see the nasty message "Error. Missing iLok Authorization for Pro Tools 10. Please insert the necessary iLok and restart Pro Tools" when opening PT.

Please note that:
* Pro Tools 10 is freshly installed (Mac OS X Lion)
* iLok key is working, with lights fully on and recognised by iLok.com
* I have tried rebooting with and without the key plugged in

* I have also tried to completely unistall iLok Key drivers and Pro Tools, and reinstall everything again - but the issue remains.

There is no solution anywhere on the web, I have searched for an hour to no avail.

Can anyone help? I'm pretty desperate about this to be honest!

Thanks in advance

RangerJay 01-31-2012 08:33 PM

Re: Missing iLok Authorization for PT 10

Did you download the PT10 license onto the iLok key?

autodaFe 02-01-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerJay (Post 1896501)
Did you download the PT10 license onto the iLok key?

Sure - all licenses look fine on iLok.com. It's like if Pro Tools is suddenly unable to connect and read the iLok.

solimar 02-01-2012 05:38 PM

I am also getting the same error can anyone help!!!

solimar 02-01-2012 08:30 PM

Problem solved. I had to change teh browser I was using and was able to set everything up the right way. The web browser for the ilok.com account

autodaFe 02-02-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solimar (Post 1896911)
Problem solved. I had to change teh browser I was using and was able to set everything up the right way. The web browser for the ilok.com account

Hi Solimar,

Could you please give some more details please - were you getting exactly the same problem as described above? Are you running on Mac OS X?

What exactly did you do on iLok.com - just accessed from a different browser (which browsers exactly?).

Thanks in advance.

autodaFe 02-03-2012 11:47 PM

Just reupping the thread, hoping someone comes in with some magic solution...! This issue is driving my mad, as I haven't been able to use PT in the last 5 days on my machine.

I also opened an online incident with AVID - do you know the time it takes for them to reply usually?

upscaps 02-04-2012 03:32 PM

ie or safari. some versions of firefox work, some don't.

solimar 02-05-2012 04:34 PM

I used safari, I tried Opera and Firefox and it didn't work!

solimar 02-05-2012 04:37 PM

I have Mac os X Lionand i was having teh same problem as described above. Oncw ilok.com was able to connect to teh actual dongle/ key everything worked fien. I am up and running now.