Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Logic 10.4.2 not working with HDX anymore? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=402049)

Henning Svoren 11-21-2018 11:11 AM

Logic 10.4.2 not working with HDX anymore?

Hi,

I am just curious if anyone have used Logic 10.4.2 with HDX as an interface?
I had it working a month ago, with 10.4.0 or 10.4.1(can't remember which), but unfortunately I "upgraded" to 10.4.2.

I can choose HDX as an input/output device in Logic but I can't get any sound into the inputs.

I've tried both with HD Driver 2018.7 and 2018.10.

I have a second system with the same kind of trashcan Mac Pro(Sierra 10.12) and software, but with HD Native TB. On this system i can get sound in/out of Logic 10.4.2.

Darryl Ramm 11-21-2018 11:38 AM

Re: Logic 10.4.2 not working with HDX anymore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henning Svoren (Post 2506452)
Hi,

I am just curious if anyone have used Logic 10.4.2 with HDX as an interface?
I had it working a month ago, with 10.4.0 or 10.4.1(can't remember which), but unfortunately I "upgraded" to 10.4.2.

I can choose HDX as an input/output device in Logic but I can't get any sound into the inputs.

I've tried both with HD Driver 2018.7 and 2018.10.

I have a second system with the same kind of trashcan Mac Pro(Sierra 10.12) and software, but with HD Native TB. On this system i can get sound in/out of Logic 10.4.2.

Are you on Sierra on both? Just guessing: Was one upgraded recently to Mojave? (Double check it was not) If so you need to enable microphone inputs in security & privacy preferences. Otherwise does the input work with any other Core audio app?

Henning Svoren 11-21-2018 11:46 AM

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, Sierra on both.
I guess I can see if can I get sound out of Izotope RX, Revoice or something.

Darryl Ramm 11-21-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henning Svoren (Post 2506460)
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, Sierra on both.
I guess I can see if can I get sound out of Izotope RX, Revoice or something.

You can hammer a nail in with an anvil if you want, or I would use a hammer. :-)

I would just use Quicktime Player>File>New Audio Recording and see if that works. Or on Mojave you can use Voice Recorder. In both cases set the Audio/Midi system audio input to the interface HDX is connected to. Make sure Pro Tools is not running/not stuck in the background. if the HDX/interface does not show up in Audio/MIDI setup with an input, well you've peeled that layer of the onion.

Henning Svoren 11-21-2018 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2506462)
You can hammer a nail in with an anvil if you want, or I would use a hammer. :-)

I would just use Quicktime Player>File>New Audio Recording and see if that works. Or on Mojave you can use Voice Recorder. In both cases set the Audio/Midi system audio input to the interface HDX is connected to. Make sure Pro Tools is not running/not stuck in the background. if the HDX/interface does not show up in Audio/MIDI setup with an input, well you've peeled that layer of the onion.

Thanks, that makes sense :-)

Stig Eliassen 11-21-2018 10:26 PM

Works just fine here, Henning. Details in the signature.

Henning Svoren 11-22-2018 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stig Eliassen (Post 2506507)
Works just fine here, Henning. Details in the signature.

Good to hear that!
I guess I must have messed up somewhere along the line.

KingFish 04-16-2019 07:01 PM

I'm having the same situation with OS X 10.14.4 Mojave, with Logic enable in Microphone security. With Logic 10.4.4 and Pro Tools 2018.10 HD Driver on HDX Hardware.

This "Just worked" last year, in high sierra, but I'm definitely not getting any sound out of my HDX HD i/o HW when selecting HDX in Logic, but getting audio out of Built in output, or a Presonus USB96 box when hooked up.

Anyone using the Latest Pro Tools / w/ the Latest Logic, on the Lates Mojave with HDX HW ?