Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Artist control loosing connection (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=399477)

planck 05-30-2018 08:41 AM

Artist control loosing connection

2 Attachment(s)
Hello,

My artist control keeps loosing connection. It either looses connection and displays the avid logo, or sometimes, rarely, it completely hangs and I have to remove the power cable and put it in again.

Sometimes EuCon sees the unit as available but doesn't use it as seen on the picture.

I'm on OSX 10.13.4
EuCon version 18.3.0.244

For now the artist controller is directly connected to ethernet1 port on my macPro. I'm planning to add x2 artist mix, using a switch, but for now that's my setup.

Ethernet1 is on the top of the connection list as described in the Avid Installation instructions.

Any idea how to troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks
Alex

KeyplayerG 05-30-2018 09:34 AM

Re: Artist control loosing connection

I would love to know how to solve this issue! I've got an MC, 2 Mix & a Transport. I average 3 to 4 dropouts per 4 to 6 hr session!

In my case, they'll either flash, like there was a power surge, and go to the logo, or much more often ( and way more annoying), it just stops working! You'll be totally "in the zone" and you'll select some simple function, lime Clear Solo and nothing happens. Hit it again? Same result. Now you know it's dropped the connection, total buzz kill!

You restart Eucon and it fires right back up but these 25 to 30 second interuptions for this kind of crap is really irritating!

its2loud 05-30-2018 07:36 PM

Did you do a firmware update through the EuControl app? Can you see what firmware you're running in the software?

I'm running 2 Artist Mixes, and Artist Control, and the Control App on my ipad with no issues at all.

Also, make sure wifi is off and try making the devices connect with a static IP instead of dynamic. This has always seemed more stable for me.

planck 05-31-2018 06:59 AM

I'm running the latest firmware:

MC Control
current version: 1.3.7.0
already at version: 1.3.7.0, won't upgrade.

Static IPs are assigned to the interfaces.

I also changed ethernet cable, just in case.

I kindly request to get some official support from Avid.

Alex

EddieJones 05-31-2018 09:37 AM

I would check the power supply first.

P_J 05-31-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeyplayerG (Post 2489917)
I would love to know how to solve this issue! I've got an MC, 2 Mix & a Transport. I average 3 to 4 dropouts per 4 to 6 hr session!

In my case, they'll either flash, like there was a power surge, and go to the logo, or much more often ( and way more annoying), it just stops working! You'll be totally "in the zone" and you'll select some simple function, lime Clear Solo and nothing happens. Hit it again? Same result. Now you know it's dropped the connection, total buzz kill!

You restart Eucon and it fires right back up but these 25 to 30 second interuptions for this kind of crap is really irritating!

Exactly this has been happening for me .. about 1-2 years now. Artist + PT Control goes suddenly offline and after a little while all comes back. Sometimes I have to re open PT Control. Couple of times in a day this happens.

pacmac 02-03-2019 12:42 AM

Hello,

I'm Pascal from France
I exactly have the same trouble than and for many years.

Every thing is updated (Mac OS, Eucon, Logic pro, ...) and the time ...

My Artist Control consol is connected directly to the mac by a static IP adress with a new crossover cable without anything else.

The artist control can work with Logic pro several minutes or even hours and suddenly ... or not ... the console freezes and in Eucon My Artist Control deseappears. The only one solution is to switch off every thing and to restart. The problem exists only with Logic Pro. The artist Control normally reacts with every other soft. I also already try to trash preferences ...

I red many things to do in forums but I'm now lost ... to be honnest ...
Thank you very much in advance if someone had any idea.

Musically and regards,
Pascal

Sardi 02-03-2019 03:31 AM

Pacmac. No need to bump three threads with the same issue and post.

Try one and keep track of the info there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EddieJones 02-04-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacmac (Post 2515242)
Hello,

I'm Pascal from France
I exactly have the same trouble than and for many years.

Every thing is updated (Mac OS, Eucon, Logic pro, ...) and the time ...

My Artist Control consol is connected directly to the mac by a static IP adress with a new crossover cable without anything else.

The artist control can work with Logic pro several minutes or even hours and suddenly ... or not ... the console freezes and in Eucon My Artist Control deseappears. The only one solution is to switch off every thing and to restart. The problem exists only with Logic Pro. The artist Control normally reacts with every other soft. I also already try to trash preferences ...

I red many things to do in forums but I'm now lost ... to be honnest ...
Thank you very much in advance if someone had any idea.

Musically and regards,
Pascal

Have you tried a different power supply ?

pacmac 02-04-2019 01:09 PM

Hi,
Thank you for your helping.
The Power supply ? Not yet. Do you really think it could a potential root cause ?
Why not ? I’m ready to try everything at this level !
I can change the power strip to try...
Thank’s
Pascal