Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Windows 7 does not recognize M-Audio Mobile Pre USB microphone (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=344233)

jacquesharting 09-08-2013 11:23 AM

Windows 7 does not recognize M-Audio Mobile Pre USB microphone

2 Attachment(s)
I'm trying to connect my good old M-Audio Mobile Pre USB to my new Windows 7 PC and I can't get it to work. This is what my issue looks like:
I have the M-Audio Mobile Pre USB connected to my USB-2 port
To the M-Audio Mobile Pre USB I have connected two microphones, requiring phantom power, so on the MobilePre box I have switched phantom power on
All looks fine on the box:
- all lights are on that should be on
- when I tap the mikes, the Signal indicators light, so I assume the mikes work well on the box - they always have.
On my PC:
- I have installed the latest Windows driver (1.1.8)
- When I go to --> Configuration Panel --> Hardware I see the MobilePre installed and working well
- PC rebooted several times

What does not work: I cannot select/see the USB microphones when I go to --> Sounds --> Recording device. I see other mikes, and I have tried them all, but none of them represent the mikes I connected through the MobilePre.
Also when I go to Audacity, only the four mikes I see under Sounds can be selected, but not the USB mikes.

What can I do to get this to work??? Thanks for your help!

Benoni 09-08-2013 03:35 PM

Re: Windows 7 does not recognize M-Audio Mobile Pre USB microphone

In your sound tray that shows your playback and recording devices, RIGHT CLICK and choose SHOW DISABLED DEVICES

Attachment 735

Now does the USB interface show up?

If it is disabled, simply right click and enable.

jacquesharting 09-09-2013 11:36 AM

Hi Benoni, thanks, I hadn't noticed the icon in the tray. Unfortunately it does not solve the problem: there is no option SHOW DISABLED DEVICES.

What I do see is that among the playback devices, the MobilePre appears and is automatically set to Standard Device. However, under the Recording devices, I see only the four ones listed in the screen shot. No. 1 is Standard Device, No 3. is Available, Nos. 2 and 4 are "Currently not available" and I can't make them available. (not sure if that would help in any way - they do not seem to be the USB microphones...)

Any brainwaves?

jacquesharting 09-16-2013 11:50 AM

Hi Brian / others, any ideas? We have a concert this Saturday and I need to have this problem fixed before then...
How can the Mobile Pre appear under the Windows Playback devices, but not under the Recording devices???
And where can I find teh SHOW DISABLED DEVICES option??

Thanks!!

jacquesharting 09-22-2013 03:51 AM

I figured it out! There were two problems to solve:
1. Despite the fact that I had installed the latest Avid driver 1.1.8 and rebooted by PC before connecting the MobilePre box, Windows 7 chose to install the Microsoft driver called "MobilePre". That one works for playback but not for recording devices. I had to go to Configuration Panel --> Hardware and replace the driver with the one from Avid/M-Audio.
2. Bad luck: the sound I actually recorded was a huge squeak!! Redid the whole procedure with the previous driver version 1.1.7. Same result. Arrrrggghhh!! Last chance was to install the third last driver, version 1.0.4. Bingo! That one works fine!!
So as long as the device name in your audio devices just shows "MobilePre" (Windows driver) or "M-Audio MobilePre MkII" (Avid drivers 1.1.8 and 1.1.7) the combi of W7 and MobilePre box won't work. The Device name should be "M-Audio MobilePre".

tajh1183 02-01-2014 04:14 PM

I have a problem with my mobilepre usb first gen it connects to my laptop but the lights want to stay on keeps going on and off

sw rec 02-02-2014 11:17 AM

tajh1183 needs to:
(A) Start your own thread instead of camping onto this one
(B) When you do that, give us some system specs, like a sandra report. We can't help if you don't give us any info.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050

Internetyogi 07-09-2014 12:15 AM

jacquesharting You are a legend. Thanks for posting your fix its REALLY helped. :-)

This worked awesomely Installing the old drivers they work the new ones don;t

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...drivers&f=1111 Link to the drivers that worked for me.

Default Re: Windows 7 does not recognize M-Audio Mobile Pre USB microphone
I figured it out! There were two problems to solve:
1. Despite the fact that I had installed the latest Avid driver 1.1.8 and rebooted by PC before connecting the MobilePre box, Windows 7 chose to install the Microsoft driver called "MobilePre". That one works for playback but not for recording devices. I had to go to Configuration Panel --> Hardware and replace the driver with the one from Avid/M-Audio.
2. Bad luck: the sound I actually recorded was a huge squeak!! Redid the whole procedure with the previous driver version 1.1.7. Same result. Arrrrggghhh!! Last chance was to install the third last driver, version 1.0.4. Bingo! That one works fine!!
So as long as the device name in your audio devices just shows "MobilePre" (Windows driver) or "M-Audio MobilePre MkII" (Avid drivers 1.1.8 and 1.1.7) the combi of W7 and MobilePre box won't work. The Device name should be "M-Audio MobilePre".

April.nettles17 10-29-2014 06:40 AM

Having problems with mbox mini 3 and microphone. Its being detected as line input 1/2 in windows 7 on the recording tab in sounds options and I can hear myself through the monitors and headphones but it doesn't give a signal or pick up any sound in any DAW.... Not pro tools 10 or fruity loops or audacity.... It was working fine for two years now all of a sudden I'm having issues... As a matter of fact we just recorded with it the same day this issue came up. Since then haven't been able to solve. Yes phantom power on. Yes set i/o to defaults.... Yes uninstalled and reinstalled drivers old ones and new ones. Even reinstalled avid HD driver for pro tools. Also dumped prefs.... I'm stumped.

April.nettles17 10-29-2014 07:11 AM

Made sure mbox was set to mic/line and not Di for the mic line in the back of mbox mini 3. I have gain nob at 12 in fact it picks up sound if I tap mic or speak into it.... BButibut not in DAW..... My mix nob hard left... Placed audio in session it plays back fine through headphones and monitors. No signal on faders for mic input 1. I don't have anything hooked to the mbox on input 2 however in fruity loops when I change i/o to input 2 it reads a small signal.... Tried same thing in pro tools.... Nothing. It shouldn't even read a signal at all on input 2 cause it isn't anything plugged in on that input.