Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools M-Powered (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   How can I install the loops? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=244211)

alesssss 04-17-2009 08:12 AM

How can I install the loops?

Hi,
I upgradated PT7.4 to 8.
I Downloaded from the digidesig site PT8, some pdf and seven loops zipped (i.e. jazz_55868.zip; hip_hop_56860.zip etc...)
how can I install that loops?

Thank You
ales.

ankely 04-17-2009 09:31 AM

Re: How can I install the loops?

Just put the loops on a drive, external firewire, and drag and drop them into your projects.

Hope this helps. :cool:

spkguitar 04-17-2009 09:48 AM

The loops are just audio files. There are many, many ways that you can use them in a session.

First, you need to unzip them to your hard drive somewhere.

Then, and probably the easiest way to use them, pick the one you want to use and drag it into your session. Simple, right? :D;) It's actually a little bit more complicated because you have to sync tempos and Time Compress or expand some of them to get them to work properly.

All of them have demos session included, though, so you might want to open the demo sessions to have a look at how they are using them there. (In your own sessions, I would try to steer away from the digital overs that are in the demo sessions, though)

You could also load them into your favorite sampler (like Structure free?), but that would be a little more on the technical/advanced side of things.

audiogeekzine 04-17-2009 09:50 AM

Just don't keep them on your system drive.

fridrikur 04-17-2009 03:46 PM

Protools 8 setup doesn't install those files in any folder and the install program doesn't look for them either, so it is safe to just threat them like any loops from a dvd or cd any copy them as suggested by the other members here. Just like you I was also confused about where to put the files, but I came to that conclusion. I was just curious to learn if those who bought pt8 on dvd had any automatic installment of those loops from the pt8 installer. It doesn't really matter I am just an perfectionist and like to have my files in the right folders :)

Coligreens 05-12-2009 10:08 PM

Maybee you can help. i interupted my downloads of these loops - the hip hop and the R&B funk Soul and i cant find where i download them from. it was right after i upbraded to ptle8

Avid 05-13-2009 12:59 AM

If you received Pro Tools 8 as a download, the loops would be in your My Digi account:
www.digidesign.com/mydigi

Registered Downloads -> View All -> Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0 Upgrade

fridrikur 05-14-2009 03:33 PM

I will gladly help and I agree with alesss. You can log on to your digidesign account and there you can find the download files, including the big fish loops which they are called. I can understand if you think it is confusing. I tought so too, untill I realized that they were 'just' loops so in fact could reside anywhere, and thus could be installed where ever I wanted them to be.

Amodeo 04-19-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiogeekzine (Post 1384973)
Just don't keep them on your system drive.

If you click and drag into your session, why does it matter where you keep them?

exact1 09-30-2013 11:34 AM

Big Fish Loops

Hi everyone,

I have pro tools 10 and it came with some Big Fish Loop downloads. I've been looking for one-shots such as long-kicks and short kicks.

Does anyone know where I can find these?