Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Avid Core Audio with HDX/HD Native on Yosemite/later Mac OS (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=363554)

Protone 01-24-2015 11:59 AM

Avid Core Audio with HDX/HD Native on Yosemite/later Mac OS

Just updated to Yosemite and noticed that I can´t use core audio manager any more. It just won´t launch when I open for example iTunes or spotify. I can select "HD Native" in system preferences / audio, but nothing happens. Logic Pro how ever launches the core audio manager and works just fine, and also Pro Tools works as expected.

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/172550-3779

Fidelis 01-25-2015 07:44 AM

Re: Yosemite and Pro Tools 11.3. - core audio not working

Yes, it is a know issue... It's right there on the 11.3 install read me file.

Defekt 07-01-2015 07:50 PM

HD Hardware & CoreAudio on Yosemite

Am I the only one waiting for a fix to the HD driver for Yosemite? No support for CoreAudio applications and Native Instruments software like Maschine won't even open with the broken driver installed. I feel like this is a glaring item on the list of bugs that shouldn't take this long to address. I've literally been waiting over half a year for a fix to this. I love Pro Tools. I'm a power user and I sell your stuff too... but AVID... why would you announce support for Yosemite when your professional HD Hardware does not even support CoreAudio? I feel like I should have stayed on Mavericks. What is the point of me paying $600 a year for Avid Support when you can't even fix a simple CoreAudio driver issue? How come $5000 worth of hardware doesn't work on the latest Mac operating system with any software but Pro Tools? This is crazy to me. I'm half tempted to dump the whole thing and switch to an Apollo and Logic over this. Is there even a fix coming?

zion 07-01-2015 07:56 PM

Re: HD Hardware & CoreAudio on Yosemite

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defekt (Post 2273568)
Am I the only one waiting for a fix to the HD driver for Yosemite? No support for CoreAudio applications and Native Instruments software like Maschine won't even open with the broken driver installed. I feel like this is a glaring item on the list of bugs that shouldn't take this long to address. I've literally been waiting over half a year for a fix to this. I love Pro Tools. I'm a power user and I sell your stuff too... but AVID... why would you announce support for Yosemite when your professional HD Hardware does not even support CoreAudio? I feel like I should have stayed on Mavericks. What is the point of me paying $600 a year for Avid Support when you can't even fix a simple CoreAudio driver issue? How come $5000 worth of hardware doesn't work on the latest Mac operating system with any software but Pro Tools? This is crazy to me. I'm half tempted to dump the whole thing and switch to an Apollo and Logic over this. Is there even a fix coming?

No you are not alone! I really need this fixed. :(

ArKay99 07-01-2015 08:08 PM

Apollo and Logic? I just dumped an HDX system and went to Apollo and Studio One.

I'm still waiting for them to fix the in-app arrow key navigation broken since 12 so I can use a Raven...

Shortly Slate will have Raven and Batch Commander running for Studio One. When that happens I will have no chains to Pro Tools.

Sorry Avid...you're a bunch of amateurs...

Ghost In The Attic 07-02-2015 09:29 AM

I too will not jump on the HDX support plan if they don't fix the Yosemite/PT 12 compatibility issues with CoreAudio, Raven, etc...

rubenmarcano 07-03-2015 02:32 PM

I was told by AVID tech support in one email that these issues would be solved with this update, that the problem was meant to be with the sandbox thing. You guys can imagine how disappointed and offended I felt when I realized they fixed nothing. Everardo other interface I know works with core audio as expected, this is really a joke. :mad:

Ghost In The Attic 07-04-2015 09:46 AM

The fact that Avid is expecting us to pay them $599 per year for incompetence is baffling.

Defekt 07-04-2015 11:05 AM

I mean with a complex piece of software like Pro Tools I expect an occasional bug like this. But this has gone unfixed far too long. i'm no software engineer but this seems like this would be a high priority easy fix. $600 a year for what? i don't see the value.

ArKay99 07-04-2015 05:22 PM

I don't know if this is true, but why would the story sound like this: Avid has off-shored a large part of it's development to a Ukrainian development team. How many people know what has been going on in the Ukraine lately? For the last year?