Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Noise reduction plugin recomendation (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=221244)

garnoil 05-07-2008 03:09 PM

Noise reduction plugin recomendation

Hi,

I have been using (hiring my friend) Waves noise restoration plugins in my work (film and television post). It is time for me to buy my own noise reduction/restoration plugins and I would appreciate any advice that the forum could pass on. I know what Waves does (do not like it too much but I know how to use it and when combined with reverse equalization it can improve certain recordings), I tried Izotope (I was not that impressed), and I tried Cedar (sent I file to be processed and came back quite bit better). I do not want to buy Waves Restoration because I will never agree with their WUP policies.

Can anybody suggest a good noise reduction set of plugins? I do all of my de-noising as Audio Suite off line and Cedar does not make plugins for the Mac OSX (they only make the full system hardware/software).

Thanks.

JLC 05-07-2008 03:38 PM

Re: Noise reduction plugin recomendation

iZotope Rx

Alécio Costa 05-07-2008 05:29 PM

MC DSP has just relased a new plug-in. I dunno if it would handle same functions as X-noise, X-crackle, X-click and X-hum.

SoloHits 05-07-2008 09:47 PM

iZotope Rx

crizdee 05-08-2008 12:59 AM

Quote:

iZotope Rx

I Agree, i tried the demo and was impressed! BUT the original poster says he wasn't impressed with it

I have Sonic No noise! not as fast to use as waves but much better results. Most used as audiosuite and can take a long time to process, but as i said they work really well.

Chris

2fly 05-08-2008 04:12 AM

wave Arts is very good. I have the Waves suite but think the Wave Arts is much better, easy to use and some great features.
Mr. Noise is fab.

garnoil 05-08-2008 05:30 AM

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try the demo of wave arts, it looks like what I am looking for. As far as Izotope, i tried it a while ago, and it did not run on Pro-Tools, it was a stand alone application and that does not integrate in my work flow well. Thanks again.

Frank Kruse 05-08-2008 05:38 AM

Quote:

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try the demo of wave arts, it looks like what I am looking for. As far as Izotope, i tried it a while ago, and it did not run on Pro-Tools, it was a stand alone application and that does not integrate in my work flow well. Thanks again.

It is stand-alone AND rtas.
The de-noiser is excelent. The de-clipper exceptional. The spectral repair, extremely helpful.

Otherwise: WaveArts Multidynamics.

f.

the barn studios 05-10-2008 12:04 AM

Another vote for Sonic NoNoise. It simply is one of the best I've used. Don't go anywhere near Bias Sound Soap Pro for anything serious. I'm sure the Izotope stuff is nice as well although I haven't tried it. -C

dj_grimmace 05-11-2008 08:28 AM

I'm very surprised to hear anybody say they're not impressed with izotope. I think it stands out far beyond bias (of course), waves and sonic no noise (wait for the response telling me I'm crazy...now.)

But seriously, rx is very flexible, user friendly and leaves the least amount of artifacts out of all of the above plugs IMO.

Just my .02