Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Eucontrol for Yosemite?? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=363103)

bjkiwi57 01-14-2015 04:12 AM

Eucontrol for Yosemite??

It seems EuControl 3.2.1 is qualified up to Mac 10.9.4 but not Yosemite.
However, PT 11.3 is Yosemite qualified.

Any idea on when we'll get a Yosemite update please??

almix12 01-15-2015 02:02 AM

Re: Eucontrol for Yosemite??

I'd also really like to know this. It's frustrating they don't come out at the same time. Surely an update for a bit of hardware would be easier to make than an entire new version of a DAW.

bjkiwi57 01-15-2015 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by almix12 (Post 2221617)
It's frustrating they don't come out at the same time.

I'm with you on that .. right hand can't keep up with the left, even in the same company .. come on guys!!

Kyle Splittgerber 01-15-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiftstudios (Post 2221871)
I would also like to know this as every other piece of software I use is qualified with Yosemite. Literally EuControl is the only thing stopping me from upgrading... it is extremely frustrating. Is it because 3.2.1 was full of bugs? And because of this you have to fix the bugs that you introduced between 3.2 and 3.2.1 before you can update to a FQ version of EuControl?

Hey shiftstudios,

I saw you mentioned here that "Except for when I updated to 3.2.1, I quickly rolled back as I found 3.2.1 totally unusable in any sort of professional capacity. The software and the controls crashed constantly on 3.2.1 but work 100% okay on 3.2." This seems odd as the general feedback I get regarding 3.2.1 is that performance is the same or better than 3.2. With the 3.2 release we worked hard to improve the reliability of EuControl and we only want to get it better going forward. If you decide to try 3.2.1 again will you post crash logs? And, provide system info? Hopefully, we can see what the root cause is. Sorry to hear you had trouble.

We are working to get the next version of EuControl qualified with Yosemite as quickly as we can. Our goal is to stay in sync with Pro Tools qualification as closely as possible, but in this case we couldn't. We appreciate your patience, guys.

Thanks,

dawand 01-16-2015 12:25 PM

I also continue to be shocked.

Yosemite, of all OS X releases, had a PUBLIC PREVIEW.

There was no reason Avid couldn't have begun development. Now, many months after the fact, there remains no reason to not have an update.

Euphonix wasn't particularly good at updates, but at least you could write support in and out of warranty for some advice/help.

While the forum is here, I hate to be another "sign up to complain" person, but here I am. I waited a long time though.

The best part about it, as Avid's acquisition of Euphonix remains the best example (to me, this is opinion) of why as a company, they can't be trusted. I bet the engineers/devs wish they could release working, useable updates - so I fault the company not the people.

Too bad, the Artist series had so much potential that has been constantly mired by usability issued - ex. my setup requires LACP. Worked fine (relative to the general stability of EuCon) until Yosemite.

On the plus side, I've discovered I can live without them for the time being which is one short cry from finding an alternative.

clgood 04-22-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber (Post 2221901)
Hey shiftstudios,

We are working to get the next version of EuControl qualified with Yosemite as quickly as we can. Our goal is to stay in sync with Pro Tools qualification as closely as possible, but in this case we couldn't. We appreciate your patience, guys.

Thanks,

It's almost May, 2015. Where is a Yosemite qualified Eucontrol?

heilei 04-23-2015 02:34 AM

Released a few weeks ago:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=366479

robertg 04-24-2015 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clgood (Post 2256290)
It's almost May, 2015. Where is a Yosemite qualified Eucontrol?

On the downloads page.