Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Komplete Kontrol S88 not recognized (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=377322)

WaddyP 01-30-2016 04:37 PM

Komplete Kontrol S88 not recognized

I have tried everything that the NI website says to do to get the keyboard working and I cant get it to be recognized to come up as a midi option.
PC/Windows 7 Pro/ PT 11. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

musicman691 02-01-2016 10:32 AM

Re: Komplete Kontrol S88 not recognized

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaddyP (Post 2332144)
I have tried everything that the NI website says to do to get the keyboard working and I cant get it to be recognized to come up as a midi option.

This is a USB connection right? Do you have it plugged into a working USB port? Windows has a nasty habit of having power saving measures turned on by default and they may be set to turn off on your computer. Go into Windows control panel and turn them on. It's kind of hidden a layer or two down from the initial screen.

Michael Carnes 02-01-2016 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaddyP (Post 2332144)

You've got to delete the Avid Core Audio plugin. It's at:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/Avid CoreAudio.plugin
You might move it to another folder for safekeeping.
This plugin is used to support Core Audio with Avid hardware. If that's what you're doing, then you're SOL. Avid is aware of this (I spoke with them at NAMM), but I'd suggest you get in touch with them to keep the subject alive.

musicman691 02-03-2016 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exponential Audio (Post 2332489)
You've got to delete the Avid Core Audio plugin. It's at:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/Avid CoreAudio.plugin
You might move it to another folder for safekeeping.
This plugin is used to support Core Audio with Avid hardware. If that's what you're doing, then you're SOL. Avid is aware of this (I spoke with them at NAMM), but I'd suggest you get in touch with them to keep the subject alive.

That path and advice is for a Mac; no known issue with Windows which is what the op is on.

Eric Lambert 02-03-2016 07:16 AM

If you haven't already contacted support, do that. And if they've been slow to respond (they often are) check the NI support forums. In fact, do both. I found some good advice on the forum when I had what ultimately proved to be the Core Audio issue Michael mentioned above. A few PC users have been through S-series connectivity issues and their results are posted there.

Michael Carnes 02-03-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2332882)
That path and advice is for a Mac; no known issue with Windows which is what the op is on.

Drat. Sorry I missed that and I'm sorry. It's worth checking to see if there's something similar on the Win side. I was one step away from returning my NI keyboard until our friends at Sweetwater found the key tidbit (the NI forums aren't very user friendly). It gave every indication of being a USB hardware issue.

I spoke with Avid at NAMM about this driver as well as the EUphonix MIDI driver, which causes its own set of problems. They know there are problems with the drivers, but there's no real schedule to get them fixed. Since I don't need either one, I just yank 'em out of there any time I update PT. They seem to come from a time when PT was assumed to 'own' your machine.

Eric Lambert 02-03-2016 08:28 PM

True, the NI forums are only as good as those who post to them, but I got lucky and found someone willing to help and they mentioned the Core Audio issue. Similas S-Series issues w/ windows was being discussed simultaneously, I just didn't read those threads. I'm sure the answer is somewhere in there as it's become popular.