Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Best Cd burning Software in Mojave? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406189)

Johnny Hulst 09-05-2019 06:18 AM

Re: Best Cd burning Software in Mojave?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lampmusic (Post 2537072)
What is the best Cd burning software these days. We typically burn a Master CD for clients and occasionally setup CD text for small run CD duplication.

If I have to burn, it is straight out of DDP Creator (Sonoris), works great.

DetroitT 09-05-2019 06:34 AM

Hofa here.
CD-DDP metadata
Their suite offers Custom players for proofs

The open VST is in beta however Hofa Plugins are very nice
And all work inside CD Burn

musicman691 09-05-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2537205)
I've been using soundBlade (they also offer a cheap 90day LE subscription if the full price seems outrageous)

Interesting how they say, if I read it right, that USB audio interfaces aren't recommended.

musicman691 09-05-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetroitT (Post 2537211)
Hofa here.
CD-DDP metadata
Their suite offers Custom players for proofs

The open VST is in beta however Hofa Plugins are very nice
And all work inside CD Burn

So Burn Pro is still beta? From their store it looks like it's been released in final form.

Something no one has mentioned is that with the HOFA program you get access to all their plugins and not just in the burning program but inside PT as well. At least I did when I tested it a few months back (not the beta but the original).

JFreak 09-05-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2537220)
Interesting how they say, if I read it right, that USB audio interfaces aren't recommended.

Well who on their right mind would recommend USB for audio streaming? It will take USB 4.0 spec (that is essentially thunderbolt) to make it reliable

Their point being; if you have your USB audio interface and USB MIDI keyboard on same USB buss then simply playing your keyboard *may* cause a hiccup on your interface. They don't test 3rd party devices so cannot say what is the probability of that happening, but because it is a possibility it is not recommended for CD mastering/authoring

Spyda KB 09-05-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexLakis (Post 2537140)
DSP Quattro user here on Mojave. Everything works, although the program itself feels kinda clunky.
I miss CD Architect.

I've been using Sound Forge Pro for Mac along with Burn for creating reference CDs. I too wish CD Architect was ported over to MacOS and integrated into SFP for Mac.

musicman691 09-05-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2537229)
Well who on their right mind would recommend USB for audio streaming? It will take USB 4.0 spec (that is essentially thunderbolt) to make it reliable

Their point being; if you have your USB audio interface and USB MIDI keyboard on same USB buss then simply playing your keyboard *may* cause a hiccup on your interface. They don't test 3rd party devices so cannot say what is the probability of that happening, but because it is a possibility it is not recommended for CD mastering/authoring

As to USB audio interfaces there are a number of high-end models. Take the Antelope Orion Studio that has both Thunderbolt and USB 2 connections. Or the Presonus Studio 192 or some Lynx/Aurora interfaces.

They make no specific mention of USB MIDI devices. What they say is USB peripherals other than mice or keyboards might be an issue.

musicman691 09-05-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyda KB (Post 2537232)
I've been using Sound Forge Pro for Mac along with Burn for creating reference CDs. I too wish CD Architect was ported over to MacOS and integrated into SFP for Mac.

Sound Forge Pro for Mac is way overpriced for how little it does. Demoed it and it's NOTHING like the Windows version of Sound Pro was. Sony's (now Magix) Mac s/w was always treated like a bastard stepchild. Which was a shame. Would have loved to have seen a decent port of not only CD Architect but also Sound Forge Pro and Acid. But alas such was not to be.

JFreak 09-05-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2537236)
As to USB audio interfaces there are a number of high-end models. Take the Antelope Orion Studio that has both Thunderbolt and USB 2 connections. Or the Presonus Studio 192 or some Lynx/Aurora interfaces.

They didn't point out any specific interface that has issues. They just took the stance that USB protocol in itself is inadequate for pro audio. And I do agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2537236)
They make no specific mention of USB MIDI devices. What they say is USB peripherals other than mice or keyboards might be an issue.

What else is a USB MIDI device other than USB peripheral other than mouse or a keyboard?

musicman691 09-05-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2537238)
They didn't point out any specific interface that has issues. They just took the stance that USB protocol in itself is inadequate for pro audio. And I do agree.

What else is a USB MIDI device other than USB peripheral other than mouse or a keyboard?

Again - if USB protocol is inadequate why are there so many high end USB 2 audio interfaces? There are some that can do 32 channels I/O over USB 2.

Your second statement is confusing me. Please explain.