Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Quick Firmware question (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=390591)

WilliebSR 04-20-2017 11:23 AM

Quick Firmware question

Hi guys,
Want to confirm that the most recent firmware is version 1.3.7.

Am a little concerned since the links are broken in the "Help" menu and Avid has announced end of life.... and well... is the "Update Firmware" radio button actually checking/ working.... and do I actually have the 'most recent firmware'

and if not... Is there another site I can visit to download it?

Thanks Bunches

TrentWilliams 04-20-2017 07:11 PM

Re: Quick Firmware question

I've got Firmware Version 1.5.4.0 cited as the latest version on my rig.

EddieJones 04-20-2017 07:15 PM

I can't check the version right now but EuControl does check to see if the firmware is correct. It has to be the right version to match EuControl to work correctly. As for EOL, some hardware (like the old Euphonix units) is, but not EuControl (and any corresponding firmware).

WilliebSR 04-21-2017 06:24 PM

Hi Eddie,
Trent's firmware version seems a whole lot more recent.. even though he's on a mac and I'm on PC.... if that's even a 'thing' relative to a separate device's firmware.

Do you perhaps have any pull with Avid? Any way to confirm that the "Update Firmware" radio button is calling 'home' and reaching any one?

Seems like an important detail, since updating the software has "be sure to update your firmware" all over the downloads and read me files.

Thanks

edit.. I get the same response when attempting to update firmware for Artist Control, Artist Mix and Artist Transport.

simonjewel 04-21-2017 06:29 PM

I'm interested to know this also, Eddie, could you please post the current firmware versions for Artist Control, Mix and Transport please? [emoji4]

jjnssn 04-21-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonjewel (Post 2426304)
I'm interested to know this also, Eddie, could you please post the current firmware versions for Artist Control, Mix and Transport please? [emoji4]

I am curious as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EddieJones 04-21-2017 07:39 PM

The firmware is in EuControl itself so no need to phone home. I'll get a list of all the correct versions that match v3.6 next week and post here.

simonjewel 04-21-2017 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2426311)
The firmware is in EuControl itself so no need to phone home. I'll get a list of all the correct versions that match v3.6 next week and post here.

Thanks, appreciate your help!

EddieJones 05-01-2017 12:33 PM

S3 1.1.3
Dock 1.1.8
Transport 1.1.8
Control 1.3.7
Mix 1.5.4

Tim Ripley 05-02-2017 08:59 PM

I'm not so sure that the firmware is included with EuControl. Why does the software tell you to make sure to update your firmware if the firmware already comes with the software?