Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   "this session contains media that is not supported by the video peripheral" (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=259661)

samplaire 11-19-2009 03:28 AM

"this session contains media that is not supported by the video peripheral"

Hi,
I get this error message frequently. The problem is it sometimes shows up and sometimes not. When? After I save a session containing a video file, close it and reopen - no matter I reopen it instantly or after some days. It occurs since PT 7 but it became an annoying thing for me just recently. I've tried to recreate it to find when exactly but I failed. No matter the movie format - I got this with h.264 movs as well as with Motion JPEGA. It just happens randomly - once the session opens ok and in a minute I get the message. It looks like a bug for me but I don't know if it's PT or QT responsible.

I have no video peripheral, I just play the movies on my second screen from within PT. My system spoecs are below but I had this also on my previous system G5 quad, 10.4 -> 10.5.8, PT 7 to 8 (with all updates). QuickTime is always the latest (now 7.6.4)

Thanks for your help in advance.

DigiTechSupt 11-19-2009 12:20 PM

Re: "this session contains media that is not supported by the video peripheral"

You likely do not have the Avid Video Engine installed - you can install it from your original Pro Tools installer. Either that or it's corrupted in which case a reinstall is in order.

samplaire 11-20-2009 08:06 AM

Are you sure I have to install it? I have NO video peripherals, I just open a movie in a window, to have things clear I do it on my second screen alongside with PT mixer and other useful windows like the System Usage, not in a dedicated TV set or monitor, no mojo, no canopus. When I open such session it once plays normally and sometimes PT warns me with the message in the thread title.

samplaire 11-23-2009 06:42 PM

Hi DigiTechSupt

Can you, please answer my question?

Thanks in advance.

samplaire 11-25-2009 03:57 PM

Too difficult question? :-( I feel left behind.

splashstudios 01-08-2010 04:24 AM

Hey Samplaire,
I too have been bitten by this in a very bad way. Can you tell me what happened with you? Did it ever get resolved? I need to recover my data.
-Peter

samplaire 01-10-2010 04:54 PM

This is strange bur after installing this I always get 'no video hardware detected' or similar but IT WORKS - I haven't seen the title message anymore.

MYEARSBEATURGEAR 01-29-2010 01:31 PM

Hey Guys,

I know it's been a while, hopefully someone is still listening. This is happening to me when I try to import a linked video track from an AAF that is HD. SD works fine- I am running Pro Tools HD 2 8.0.1 with an avid V10. Does anyone know why the avid DNX codec doesn't work with my system?

compusic 03-09-2010 08:12 PM

Same problem here a few days ago.

M-BOX 2 PRO, PT LE 8.03, WIN XP PRO SP2, without any video peripheral, the session includes one MOV video file ( H264 CODEC, SD PAL), quite a few audio files and regions, and some empty MIDI tracks.

Have tried " Import session data", but the result is empty tracks.

And I also have a PT HD 1 system with Avid Mojo, have tried to let PT HD 8.03 open LE's sessin, the same warning occured,

"This session contaions media that is not supported by the video peripheral.

Some regions had invalid bounds and were adjusted or deleted."

And " Import session data" has no miracle.

samplaire 10-16-2010 05:19 PM

I got the message again. All of a sudden. PT LE 8.0.4. Reloading the movie makes it alive again.