Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2020 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Known plugin conflicts (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=412003)

noiseboyuk 09-24-2020 12:42 AM

Known plugin conflicts

Plugin conflicts can take weeks or months to track down, a useful repository of these would be helpful. I'll try and keep the list in the OP up to date.

==========

iZotope RX Connect (any version) and Native Instruments Kontakt (any version)

Causes crash when loading most nkis in Kontakt. Only workround for now is to close RX Connect from AudioSuite before loading a new instrument in Kontakt. NI are aware of the issue.
(Reported in all versions of PT up to 2020.9.1)

=========

iZotope RX 7/8 (in AudioSuite) and Sonnox Oxford Drum Gate (higher than 1.0) and other Oxford plugins

Fixed in latest build of Oxford Drum Gate, being worked on for other Oxford plugins.

=========

Any iZotope RX7 plugin and GRM Tools

Causes crash if GRM Tools is inserted anywhere in the session and RX is in Audio Suite

Opening any RX plugin causes crash. Both companies aware of the issue.
(Reported in all versions of PT)

JFreak 09-24-2020 01:31 AM

Re: Known plugin conflicts

Made this sticky. Now just everyone please post your findings... also bear in mind what you post does not need to be reproducible on other systems (sometimes it is not) but anything that you think others would find good to know.

noiseboyuk 09-24-2020 10:20 AM

Thanks v much Janne.

Just updated to 2020.9.1 today, no change to the RX Connect / Kontakt crash.

massivekerry 09-24-2020 09:37 PM

Switching an Insert from an Instance of Komplete Kontrol to one of Kontakt.

Locks up every time. I haven’t filed any bug reports. I probably should. I just purged KK from my template, but I had to open some sessions from those dark years recently, and I forgot about that bug, much to my suffering.

Roll 09-24-2020 10:31 PM

Opening a rx7 audio suite plug-in, when a GRM tools is in insert on the session ...

noiseboyuk 09-25-2020 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massivekerry (Post 2578677)
Switching an Insert from an Instance of Komplete Kontrol to one of Kontakt.

Locks up every time. I haven’t filed any bug reports. I probably should. I just purged KK from my template, but I had to open some sessions from those dark years recently, and I forgot about that bug, much to my suffering.

I just tested this here and it worked ok in 2020.9.1, latest versions of KK and Kontakt in Win10. Can I just check I'm following the right steps? This is what I did

1. Insert Komplete Kontrol on an instrument track, load a patch
2. Replace KK with Kontakt, load a patch.

noiseboyuk 09-25-2020 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 2578681)
Opening a rx7 audio suite plug-in, when a GRM tools is in insert on the session ...

Thanks Roll - Mac / Windows? Any particular version(s)?

StudioRhythm 09-30-2020 09:38 AM

Thanks for starting this thread, Guy!

I heard back from Sonnox Support yesterday and can confirm that there's a new version of Oxford Drum Gate (v.1.05) that solves the iZotope RX7 AudioSuite crash problem.

In the process I did discover that the current versions of Oxford Dynamic EQ, Inflator and VoxDoubler all suffer from the same bug though. Sonnox says they'll all be fixed soon, within weeks.

noiseboyuk 10-01-2020 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StudioRhythm (Post 2579138)
Thanks for starting this thread, Guy!

I heard back from Sonnox Support yesterday and can confirm that there's a new version of Oxford Drum Gate (v.1.05) that solves the iZotope RX7 AudioSuite crash problem.

In the process I did discover that the current versions of Oxford Dynamic EQ, Inflator and VoxDoubler all suffer from the same bug though. Sonnox says they'll all be fixed soon, within weeks.

Good news, have updated - thanks!

daeron80 10-01-2020 07:19 AM

Curiously, there's not a conflict between Sonnox SuprEsser and RX. Been using those together on both Mac and Windows for years. :-)