Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Editor won't load if Pro Tools is running (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=386032)

Fuzzyc 11-02-2016 02:54 AM

Editor won't load if Pro Tools is running

Just purchased an Eleven Rack and everything is working fine with one exception. The editor will not load if Pro Tools is running. So if I accidentally close it out (like a plugin) or forget to load it before Pro Tools, then I have to close down my session before I can get the editor to load.

I'm running version 2.0.1 (build 0.1.5.7) of the Editor and using Pro Tools 12.6. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit. Is this is known bug that I just need to live with or is there a solution to this?

Thanks!

YYR123 11-02-2016 05:45 AM

Re: Editor won't load if Pro Tools is running

Is your 11rack setup to be the default playback device in the control panel?

Sounds like that might be the issue

Benoni 11-02-2016 02:52 PM

No, that should not be happening. I tested this on Windows 10 using Pro Tools 12.6 and I was able to open the Editor after Pro Tools was open.

I would suggest you uninstall the Editor and re-install it. And/or you may want to do this procedure

You should be able to open the Editor from within Pro Tools or by using the launch shortcut on the desktop or Start Menu.

jjnssn 11-02-2016 06:05 PM

Curious. Do you have the show dashboard window when pro tools starts unchecked in the display preference page? If yes, try turning it on and restarting pro tools and see if you can then start the editor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuzzyc 11-03-2016 05:08 AM

MADIrouting - I checked and "Show dashboard when pro tools starts" was already checked.

Thanks for replying...

Fuzzyc 11-03-2016 05:15 AM

I uninstalled the Editor and reinstalled it. I also did the trick of deleting the Eleven Rack Editor folder per Benon's video I had already done that a couple of times however.

I still can't load the editor if Pro Tools is running. If I load it by clicking on the program in my tool tray I just get a white/blank window. When I try to load it via the Window menu from within Pro Tools nothing happens at all. If I exit Pro Tools it loads fine.

Thanks for trying to help...

Benoni 11-03-2016 11:35 AM

Do you have Quicktime installed? If not, try installing it.

Fuzzyc 11-04-2016 04:52 AM

Yep. I've got Quicktime installed. Puzzling, huh?

Thanks

Benoni 11-04-2016 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzyc (Post 2393421)
Yep. I've got Quicktime installed. Puzzling, huh?

Thanks

Open the Editor. Then Launch Pro Tools.

Press the Editor button in the Mini Window a few times. This should show and hide the Editor. If that is working, close the Editor by clicking the 'X'.

Now click the Editor icon in the Mini Window again. Does it open?

Fuzzyc 11-06-2016 03:37 AM

Clicking on the editor button in the mini window doesn't show and hide the editor. The editor icon in the mini window is greyed out. It's the only button in the mini window that won't do anything.