Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | Intro Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Can't open Projects after fresh install (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406021)

Netmania 08-20-2019 08:37 AM

Can't open Projects after fresh install

Hi, i‘m doin great with PTF 2019-6.

Today i had to make a clean install with my mac. System runs like new.

Only thing: My old localy saved PTF Projects don‘t show off when i start PTF. I can create a new project and open it from the same Projectcache Folder where the older Projects are.

I tried to open them with the finder open with Pro Tools First. Anyone here to help me? Thanks

Mike

DigiTechSupt 08-20-2019 12:05 PM

Re: Can't open Projects after fresh install

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netmania (Post 2535887)
Hi, i‘m doin great with PTF 2019-6.

Today i had to make a clean install with my mac. System runs like new.

Only thing: My old localy saved PTF Projects don‘t show off when i start PTF. I can create a new project and open it from the same Projectcache Folder where the older Projects are.

I tried to open them with the finder open with Pro Tools First. Anyone here to help me? Thanks

Mike

Sorry about that. once the projects are not visible in the Dashboard, it won't be opened anymore. Those projects should've been synced with the cloud to be able to re-open them in the future on any machines.
-Tope

Netmania 08-20-2019 12:48 PM

Hi Tope,

unfortunately I can't sync because I have tried and there are 0 Projects and 1 GB Cloudspace free. This shows in Avid Link, in Pro Tools First and in my Avid Account. But when I try to save a new project it says I have no more space.

Thats the reason I couldn't sync my projects with the cloud. So my 7 Projects with all the work are now waste - or is there any hope to get them imported again?

thx

mike

DigiTechSupt 08-20-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netmania (Post 2535916)
Hi Tope,

unfortunately I can't sync because I have tried and there are 0 Projects and 1 GB Cloudspace free. This shows in Avid Link, in Pro Tools First and in my Avid Account. But when I try to save a new project it says I have no more space.

Thats the reason I couldn't sync my projects with the cloud. So my 7 Projects with all the work are now waste - or is there any hope to get them imported again?

thx

mike

Ah, I see! Avid may need to reset your Cloud Storage to fix the issue. Note that this process will wipe out all projects in the Cloud Storage. I suggest exporting projects per track as back up. Please let us know if you're ready to proceed.

Thanks.
-Tope

Netmania 08-20-2019 01:59 PM

I don‘t understand how this should work. I have the complete Project Cache with 7 Songs on my HD. Should i load this to you via email - because i can not open them in PTF to upload them to my cloudspace.

There is nothing in my cloudspace so you can do a reset. It may help in future but i m sad because i loose my work. I could try to take the Audio and Midi Files out and import them to a new project. Don‘t know how exactly to do but maybe thats a way.

Thx
Mike

DigiTechSupt 08-28-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netmania (Post 2535918)
I don‘t understand how this should work. I have the complete Project Cache with 7 Songs on my HD. Should i load this to you via email - because i can not open them in PTF to upload them to my cloudspace.

There is nothing in my cloudspace so you can do a reset. It may help in future but i m sad because i loose my work. I could try to take the Audio and Midi Files out and import them to a new project. Don‘t know how exactly to do but maybe thats a way.

Thx
Mike

Hi,

I've just checked and there are no Avid Account under the Email you registered with the duc. Can you update your Profile with your Avid Account Email so we could check further?

Thank you.
-Tope

Netmania 08-28-2019 11:08 AM

Hi,

my fault. I now changed e-mail address to master account mail.

Also I did change from PT First to Pro Tools 2019.6 sub.

I reconstructed my projects to Pro Tools. Lots of work but now its done.

Thx

Michael