Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Avid system - new case - is it a joke? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=275392)

tamasdragon 06-03-2010 01:55 AM

Avid system - new case - is it a joke?

Today I have created a new case at avid support center. To be specific a bug report, with repro.
After I have finished and submitted it, I have received an email, which says that my support things are handled by my local distributor.
WTF? Bugs are handled by the distributors???:eek:

I know my distributor, who not even a coder, so I guess he won't solve this...:D

Come on avid, what is this? And before anyone asks, I rechecked my case twice. It was clearly a bug report.:cool:

TOM@METRO 06-03-2010 09:14 AM

Re: Avid system - new case - is it a joke?

tamasdragon, tell us about the bug.

DigiTechSupt 06-03-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamasdragon (Post 1618938)
Today I have created a new case at avid support center. To be specific a bug report, with repro.
After I have finished and submitted it, I have received an email, which says that my support things are handled by my local distributor.
WTF? Bugs are handled by the distributors???:eek:

I know my distributor, who not even a coder, so I guess he won't solve this...:D

Come on avid, what is this? And before anyone asks, I rechecked my case twice. It was clearly a bug report.:cool:

If you can give me the email address or case number from your submission, I can look it up. Most likely it's an auto-response, but the actual report made it to the appropriate people.

I looked up cases using the email address in your profile, but didn't find anything.

tamasdragon 06-03-2010 11:56 AM

Question Reference# 01228940 (I've updated my email in my profile)

About the bug:
1. Make any kind of session with some audio tracks.
2. Make some groups, make them edit and mix, and group link should include solos and mutes.
3. When you've done with this, click modify one of the groups (group is arbitrary)
4. Make the group edit only, now at the linking of the solos and mutes stays there, but no longer working.
5.So, in the edit group mode, the solos and the mutes are not linked, but the checkmarks are still there.

Odd behaviour. Why aren't they working? Bug?

DrFord 06-03-2010 02:38 PM

I have also found that in edit groups nudge doesn't work properly sometimes. Like one audio region will nudge and the other doesn't. And yes I mean after seperating them properly.

TOM@METRO 06-03-2010 02:52 PM

This is a know issue, but it's a good idea to keep folks reminded.:cool:

tamasdragon 06-04-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOM@METRO (Post 1619299)
This is a know issue, but it's a good idea to keep folks reminded.:cool:

Oh, I missed that, but now, I had a band, where I needed this, and it was really annoying. The band was also..:eek::D

TOM@METRO 06-04-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamasdragon (Post 1619472)
The band was also..:eek::D

That doesn't help does it? :D

tamasdragon 06-04-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOM@METRO (Post 1619611)
That doesn't help does it? :D

No, it doesn't!:D

You know that feeling when after long hours of work, you feel you are going backwards...:eek::D

strangeLoop 06-04-2010 11:33 AM

On the subject of bug reports.

Is Avid looking at the bugs and feature requests over at IdeaScale?

http://protools.ideascale.com/