Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S6 (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   EUCONize Poll (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406575)

creativecontrol 10-03-2019 06:12 AM

EUCONize Poll
 
Greetings,

I wanted to get some feedback on specific functions or options in Pro Tools which would be desirable to EUCONize. These may be missing functions or functions which are currently possible to trigger via Keyboard commands but would be easier to access via a native EUCON function. Iíll start it off and please agree or augment my list. Thanks!


Jeff


Capture Selected
Send Edit Selection
Transmit and Receive Play (Sat)
Timeline Drop Order
Generate LTC / Generate MTC
Next Video Track Online
Machine Follows Edit Insertion / Scrub
Set PreRoll / PostRoll Value
Save Track Preset
Clip FX Window



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

reichman 10-03-2019 11:40 AM

Re: EUCONize Poll
 
Here are the ones on your list that would really help me:

Quote:

Capture Selected
Set PreRoll / PostRoll Value
Clip FX Window
And I nominate the following:

Solo Clear Playlist
Next Mem Location/Previous Mem Location

Meads 10-03-2019 12:36 PM

Re: EUCONize Poll
 
A helpful shortcut (not only for Eucon but for PT in general) would be to being able to access volume automation lanes for each of the sends slots.
I have to access those a million times when I mix, and there is no way to get to them, but with the mouse. At least none that I'm aware of.

A shortcut like there is for the general volume automation lane (opt + -) but for each of the send volume automation lanes a-j would be a killer feature.

creativecontrol 10-03-2019 12:38 PM

Re: EUCONize Poll
 
COMMAND + CONTROL touch a fader. Or add OPTION to do all.

Any other touch sensitive knob or fader can be touched with the same modifiers to interrogate those automation breakpoints.


Jeff



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

reichman 10-03-2019 12:40 PM

Re: EUCONize Poll
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meads (Post 2540224)
A helpful shortcut (not only for Eucon but for PT in general) would be to being able to access volume automation lanes for each of the sends slots.
I have to access those a million times when I mix, and there is no way to get to them, but with the mouse. At least none that I'm aware of.

A shortcut like there is for the general volume automation lane (opt + -) but for each of the send volume automation lanes a-j would be a killer feature.

Ctrl-Cmd-touch send knob (or fader in flip) will show that automation lane. But that view could still be added to Eucon, too.

Meads 10-03-2019 12:45 PM

Re: EUCONize Poll
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by reichman (Post 2540227)
Ctrl-Cmd-touch send knob (or fader in flip) will show that automation lane. But that view could still be added to Eucon, too.

Thanks, I am aware of that but it still requires the mouse.
It's not even possible to create your own shortcut, because there's no menu selection for it.

creativecontrol 10-03-2019 12:51 PM

Re: EUCONize Poll
 
I donít understand how this requires the mouse??




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Meads 10-03-2019 12:57 PM

Re: EUCONize Poll
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by creativecontrol (Post 2540229)
I donít understand how this requires the mouse??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry, I was in the realm of software only.
With Eucon you still have to have sends view open. It's not as effortless as hitting alt + - to have all tracks show volume automation.
Not saying it is a huge deal. But it is something I use so often and I always wish there was a way to get that on a single keypress.

creativecontrol 10-03-2019 01:00 PM

Re: EUCONize Poll
 
I agree with you about composite automation lanes under the disclosure triangle. There was a discussion at one point about a filet out of used automation to the lanes for a given track or other permutations. We could definitely make improvements here.



Jeff



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Meads 10-03-2019 01:04 PM

Re: EUCONize Poll
 
That would be welcomed.
Actually it would suffice to make those into selectable menu items in the view tab. So users could make their own soft keys in Eucon or macros to use without a controller.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:48 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com