Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 9 (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Ipad 2 is here! (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=295933)

nst7 03-02-2011 12:13 PM

Ipad 2 is here!
 
http://www.apple.com/

Of particular interest is a new version of Garageband that allows this to be used as an 8 track recorder, and you can email AAC files from right within the application.

elicious 03-02-2011 01:05 PM

Re: Ipad 2 is here!
 
nst7, you are the k.i. of the heartland!

AxeDye 03-02-2011 01:28 PM

Re: Ipad 2 is here!
 
Nice to here garage band can be mobile but it sounds like a joke. There are plenty of decent apps already that can do that to An iphone or ipad. As for the ipad 2 it looks great but still i see no point for a tablet, not even for the pro tools controller apps.

Dism 03-02-2011 01:36 PM

Re: Ipad 2 is here!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AxeDye (Post 1760486)
Nice to here garage band can be mobile but it sounds like a joke. There are plenty of decent apps already that can do that to An iphone or ipad. As for the ipad 2 it looks great but still i see no point for a tablet, not even for the pro tools controller apps.

Oh man, the control surface apps are a godsend if you find yourself having to step away from the computer a lot!

You can do headphone and mic checks from a separate room, or hit record from your booth without having to setup up ridiculous pre-rolls and running back and forth.

daeron80 03-02-2011 02:08 PM

Re: Ipad 2 is here!
 
Absolutely. Try recording yourself on acoustic guitar from anywhere out of arm's reach of the keyboard and mouse. iOS devices rock for that!

But we're all out of a job now, kids. Teenagers who know nothing about recording and have never played an instrument will be making all music with iPad2s and Garage Band from now on. His Steveness said so. :D

spenner 03-02-2011 02:39 PM

Re: Ipad 2 is here!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by daeron80 (Post 1760517)

But we're all out of a job now, kids. Teenagers who know nothing about recording and have never played an instrument will be making all music with iPad2s and Garage Band from now on. His Steveness said so. :D

Hasn't that been the case since the personal computer and DAW were created? You need not worry. :D

daeron80 03-02-2011 02:56 PM

Re: Ipad 2 is here!
 
My state of denial has been disturbed enough for one day, thank you.

getz76 03-02-2011 03:09 PM

Re: Ipad 2 is here!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spenner (Post 1760530)
Hasn't that been the case since the personal computer and DAW were created? You need not worry. :D

Beat me to it...

I started feeling old the other day when I saw the release dates on my albums in iTunes and realized there are only a handful with release dates after 1995...

daeron80 03-02-2011 03:58 PM

Re: Ipad 2 is here!
 
But, seriously, folks. GB on iPad only has 8 tracks. Everybody on these forums knows, you can't make music with fewer than 192. Phhhht. Come on.

spenner 03-02-2011 04:06 PM

Re: Ipad 2 is here!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by daeron80 (Post 1760574)
But, seriously, folks. GB on iPad only has 8 tracks. Everybody on these forums knows, you can't make music with fewer than 192. Phhhht. Come on.

:D

In that case then maybe the iPad is the new Ampex 8-track recorder. We're starting over!

daeron80 03-02-2011 07:50 PM

Re: Ipad 2 is here!
 
Watch the streaming video. They actually compared it to the 4-tracks used for Sgt. Pepper. :eek:

getz76 03-02-2011 09:59 PM

Re: Ipad 2 is here!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by daeron80 (Post 1760643)
Watch the streaming video. They actually compared it to the 4-tracks used for Sgt. Pepper. :eek:

I always thought Sgt. Pepper was actually 3-tracks, though...

Eric Lambert 03-02-2011 10:35 PM

Re: Ipad 2 is here!
 
Garage Band on a blinking, light-em-up place mat.

If we knew which particular body in the pauper's grave was Mozart's, we see it turning over.

Honestly, I think iPad2 will be great. Now... what to do with the original one I already have???

spenner 03-03-2011 01:29 AM

Re: Ipad 2 is here!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Lambert (Post 1760685)
Garage Band on a blinking, light-em-up place mat.

If we knew which particular body in the pauper's grave was Mozart's, we see it turning over.

Honestly, I think iPad2 will be great. Now... what to do with the original one I already have???

Mozart has been turning over since MIDI and quantization. ;)

I'm only upgrading when the 27' iPad Pro comes out.

chrisdee 03-03-2011 03:03 AM

Re: Ipad 2 is here!
 
Ipad2 looks great. I hope it will be avalible in store befor I go on holiday to India and Dubai march 14.

Benoni 03-03-2011 02:16 PM

Re: Ipad 2 is here!
 
Kim Komando has said the Ipad 3 could be released as early as the Fall !

http://www.komando.com/ipad2/


iPad Comparison Chart

http://www.komando.com/charts/column_9603.asp

John_Toolbox 03-03-2011 02:35 PM

Re: Ipad 2 is here!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by daeron80 (Post 1760574)
But, seriously, folks. GB on iPad only has 8 tracks. Everybody on these forums knows, you can't make music with fewer than 192. Phhhht. Come on.

I would have loved to have something like that when I was in high school. All I had was a 4 track cassette portapotty... er portastudio. :p

daeron80 03-03-2011 03:40 PM

Re: Ipad 2 is here!
 
Me too! I have many hours of tracks on hard disc that I painstakingly transfered from Portastudios. Gotta love that cassette tone. :cool:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:55 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com