Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   stupid editing problems, mix groups, busses not working (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=248578)

Jenk2k 06-22-2009 08:39 AM

stupid editing problems, mix groups, busses not working

remixing a project done elsewhere and brough it into 7.4LE and I'm having some major problems interrupting my workflow. Bear with me as this will sound somewhat schizophrenic.

Bussing appears to be totally unavailable. It's just not working. Signal won't go to a bus track, period.

Also, he's got 5 mix groups all jumbled up and I can't solo a track. It lights up but all other tracks play. So I played around and hit CTRL SHIFT and click on the mutes on every single track and I get normal my solo capability back. I delete all the mix groups and still they appear to be in the session, because when I mute the overheads they all end up muted.

Am i doing something stupid here, am I completely insane, or do i have a corrupt session of some sort? Is there an easy way to get the session to start over to normal parameters with no mix groups?

amorlando 06-22-2009 08:48 AM

Re: stupid editing problems, mix groups, busses not working

Ive had this exact problem that was fixed by dumping the preferences.

sw rec 06-22-2009 09:04 AM

When there's a group set up, that's how it's supposed to work, you solo ONE track in the group, it solos ALL of them. BUT. You can "suspend all groups" and have it work as if the
groups have been, well, suspended......

guitardom 06-22-2009 09:52 AM

for your bussing go into your i/o setups and import your lased used or your custom setup and you should be fine.

hold option key to solo a track by itself that is in a group. or you should be able to your group settings, (bottom left on both mix and edit) and delete them there. make sure you delete BOTH the mix and edit groups in case he has some that are only one or the other.

and yes trash your prefs and databases and app data to be safe if all else fails.

Murt 06-22-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenk2k (Post 1415644)
Bussing appears to be totally unavailable. It's just not working. Signal won't go to a bus track, period.

Also, he's got 5 mix groups all jumbled up and I can't solo a track. It lights up but all other tracks play. So I played around and hit CTRL SHIFT and click on the mutes on every single track and I get normal my solo capability back. I delete all the mix groups and still they appear to be in the session, because when I mute the overheads they all end up muted.

Am i doing something stupid here, am I completely insane, or do i have a corrupt session of some sort? Is there an easy way to get the session to start over to normal parameters with no mix groups?

Have you tried suspending all automation?

albee1952 06-22-2009 11:13 AM

Some great advice above. Whenever I import a session done elsewhere, the first things I do are, turn off automation, disable all groups and (usually) delete all aux sends and call up my I/O setup. A little time invested up front will save a lot of cursing later on. I usually also reset all the zoom presets, make sure keyboard focus is on and make sure my favs are set(like Tab to Transient).

Jenk2k 06-23-2009 08:22 AM

Awesome advice. As soon as I copy and format my recording drive (its fragmented like a mofo) I will do this and get back into this session. as always, a great forum for learning and collaborating.