Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S4/S6 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Pan display bug on S6? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=394172)

WildHoney 10-04-2017 09:52 PM

Pan display bug on S6?

I've got a whole bunch of mono audio tracks. Some were originally routed to Main Outs, some were originally routed to a mono aux, then to Main Outs. All are now routed to Main Outs (stereo). The tracks that were originally routed to Main Outs all have Pan graphics on the lcd and the knob on the process module is blue (as expected). The tracks that were originally routed to mono aux but are now routed to Main Outs have no graphics on the lcd and the process module knob is dark. Is this a bug or pilot error?

DaveMagleby 10-05-2017 09:43 AM

Re: Pan display bug on S6?

This is a bug, the CPM is on the wrong page after changing output.

The front pan knob is on the last page of the CPM knobset (knob 8). The CPM default for a pan function is that last knob, however when a session is loaded without a pan function and it is later added, (changing from mono out to stereo) the system does not know to go to the last knob. When this happens you will see the page key for the CPM knob become active, indicating that you can page over (8 times) for the front pan knob.

One other workaround is to changing the bus routing, then save the session and re-open it.

WildHoney 10-06-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveMagleby (Post 2452638)
This is a bug, the CPM is on the wrong page after changing output.

The front pan knob is on the last page of the CPM knobset (knob 8). The CPM default for a pan function is that last knob, however when a session is loaded without a pan function and it is later added, (changing from mono out to stereo) the system does not know to go to the last knob. When this happens you will see the page key for the CPM knob become active, indicating that you can page over (8 times) for the front pan knob.

One other workaround is to changing the bus routing, then save the session and re-open it.

Thanks Dave. Saving and re-opening did the trick.
On (maybe) a similar note, I'm noticing that when I select a track to assign to the Attention fader on the automation module, I don't get the pan info on the master module lcd above the attention fader and the knob is dark. Should I expect to see that knob active and assigned to pan? This is once I've saved and reopened the session and the pan info is displayed properly on the channel's fader, just not when that same channel appears on the Attention fader.

DaveMagleby 10-06-2017 10:17 AM

The knob above the attention fader on the MTM is the assignable knob, not the same as on the CPM. At this time it available using some DAWs but is not yet implemented in Pro Tools.

WildHoney 10-06-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveMagleby (Post 2452775)
The knob above the attention fader on the MTM is the assignable knob, not the same as on the CPM. At this time it available using some DAWs but is not yet implemented in Pro Tools.

I see. Thanks for clarifying Dave.

WildHoney 11-07-2017 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHoney (Post 2452779)
I see. Thanks for clarifying Dave.

Not sure if it was MEANT to be fixed, but noticing that this issue persists in v3.7 and PT HD 12.8.2.