Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Pitch - AAX? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=325546)

Wolfgang Eller 07-16-2012 12:34 AM

Pitch - AAX?

A fresh PT10 installed the plugin "Pitch" in the plugin folder but I can´t see it in the plugin list.
Deleted all prefs but still no luck.

What´s wrong?

DigiTechSupt 07-16-2012 11:35 AM

DPP-1 was renamed Pitch with the Pro Tools TDM 6.0 release. It's a TDM plug-in. See the product page for more info.

Which Plug-ins folder is it installed in?

Are you running Pro Tools or Pro Tools HD, and what audio hardware do you have?

Wolfgang Eller 07-16-2012 12:18 PM

Re: Pitch - AAX?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt (Post 1949522)
Which Plug-ins folder is it installed in?

Library/Digidesign/Plugins

Quote:

Are you running Pro Tools or Pro Tools HD, and what audio hardware do you have?
PT HD with HDX.

Even on the Avid website it´s mentioned that pitch is part of the plugins for PT10.

Today I noticed that pitch is in the Audio Suite menu but not in the plugin list of the mixer.

DigiTechSupt 07-16-2012 12:46 PM

Thanks for the info.

TDM and RTAS Plug-ins (.dpm) are in the Digidesign/Plug-Ins folder, whereas AAX plug-ins (.aaxplugin) are stored in the Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins folder.

We don't have an AAX version of Pitch at this time, so on an HDX system it can be accessed from the AudioSuite menu (Pitch Shift).

peterle 07-16-2012 04:08 PM

...pitch should be soon ported to aax-dsp

the tdm version is the onliest near latency-free pitch plugin on the market
at least one reason for me to stay on HD in the moment.

regards

The golfer 07-16-2012 04:55 PM

When I bought an HDX2 system (which I love by the way), it never crossed my mind that "pitch" wouldn't be available. I am starting a third season animated serie (52x 10 minutes) and one of main character needs the avid pitch PI. It definitely has its own color and I hope it will be back soon. In the meantime I will use the audiosuite version but to me, they don't sound the same...

cmaynes 07-16-2012 05:25 PM

Elastique Pitch is pretty good sounding.....

YYR123 07-16-2012 07:17 PM

Plastique Audio

The golfer 07-17-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Plastique Audio
I couldn't find any info on plastique audio on the net...

Quote:

Elastique Pitch is pretty good sounding.....
I agree but as strange as it looks I am not looking for a great quality PI but more for the cheesy artifacts of Avid "pitch". Even at 2 semitone up you hear this artifact. I can 't hear it as much when using the audiosuite version or different pitch PI. :rolleyes:

rcarline 07-20-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt (Post 1949543)
Thanks for the info.

TDM and RTAS Plug-ins (.dpm) are in the Digidesign/Plug-Ins folder, whereas AAX plug-ins (.aaxplugin) are stored in the Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins folder.

We don't have an AAX version of Pitch at this time, so on an HDX system it can be accessed from the AudioSuite menu (Pitch Shift).

+100 for this, really miss the "Pitch" (Formally DPP-1) Plug-in. Please code for AAX, every old session i load up has this on an Aux return for widening things and i'd still like to use it.

We're running an HDX 2