Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Jump to next track - keyboard shortcut ? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=253999)

AKA 09-08-2009 01:22 PM

Jump to next track - keyboard shortcut ?

After years of doing my orchestral arrangements in Logic, I finally decided to give it (another) try in Protools.
Unless I'm missing something, I can't see a way to jump to the next track/prev with a keyboard shortcut (without having a control surface) ?

Anyone ?

bradysound 09-08-2009 01:48 PM

Re: Jump to next track - keyboard shortcut ?

In Keyboard Focus ( Option/Command/1) You can use :/; (DOWN)and P (UP) to move to and from selected regions across tracks. Tab to move forward from region boundaries and tab + shift to select region. When cursor is on beginning boundary, you can Shift/Option/Return to select beginning to end of project.

Hope this helps:-)

AKA 09-08-2009 03:50 PM

Not quite.
What I'm trying to achieve, is actually selecting the prev/next track. Not jump between regions; let me clear my scenario :
I have created allot of midi tracks, each directed to a different articulation on other PC machines (running GigaStudio etc...). I now want to go thru my midi tracks with a keyboard shortcut. sort of what you would use the arrows in Logic....
To manually select each track with the mouse, is a real creative killer...
I am aware of the fact, that if one had a control surface, you COULD do that. but obviously - I am looking for a shortcut for those without a control surface ;)

Thanks

Carl Kolchak 09-08-2009 05:29 PM

The shortcuts bradysound mentioned will do exactly what you want if you also have "link track & edit selection" activated (icon next to "link edit & timeline selection" and "mirrored midi editing" icons in the edit window).

tj_davies 09-09-2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradysound (Post 1455419)
In Keyboard Focus ( Option/Command/1) You can use :/; (DOWN)and P (UP) to move to and from selected regions across tracks. Tab to move forward from region boundaries and tab + shift to select region. When cursor is on beginning boundary, you can Shift/Option/Return to select beginning to end of project.

Hope this helps:-)

Either that. Or you activate the Track Number under the Menu "View" and use the shortcut for selecting the track:

CMD+F and then enter the track number.

Timothy

AKA 09-09-2009 01:14 AM

Thank you all.
Both methods seems to work.

crizdee 09-09-2009 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tj_davies (Post 1455800)
Either that. Or you activate the Track Number under the Menu "View" and use the shortcut for selecting the track:

CMD+F and then enter the track number.

Timothy

Isn't command+F crossfade window?

Chris

AKA 09-09-2009 06:56 AM

Correct.
It was CMD + OPT + F

tj_davies 09-09-2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crizdee (Post 1455903)
Isn't command+F crossfade window?

Chris

Ups,

my bad. It used to be Cmd+Option+G. But that was then used for region groups - and as noone actually cried out loud when they changed the shortcut, I think nobody actually uses the track number function. At least I don't know anyone who does.

Timothy