Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Delay Compensation Randomly Stops Working (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=284890)

edit machine 10-27-2010 07:56 AM

Delay Compensation Randomly Stops Working

Hey all, I'm having an issue where delay compensation will only work a few times in a day before I have to restart pro tools. I'll do some internal printing through my mix and stem aux tracks and everything is perfectly in sync after printing, then i'll mess around some more in the same session, go to do another print and suddenly my two pops are all late.

Usually pro tools will delay everything and then bring it back to the right position after the internal recording is done, but the last step is what stops working, it will still delay everything properly on playback but won't correct for the delay after the print, so i have to either restart the computer or manually cut the two pops for the stems and mix and pull them all earlier to the correct timecode position.

My system is:

Mac Tower 2 x 2.26 Quad-Core Intel Xeon
16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
OS X 10.6.4
Pro Tools 8.1.cs2 HD Accel 3 / D-Command w/24 Faders

edit machine 10-28-2010 11:10 AM

Re: Delay Compensation Randomly Stops Working

Hey can someone from Digidesign / Avid chime in on this? I have talked to other operators who have the same problem and nobody has a resolution for it? Is this a fixable bug or do I have to wait for an update?

DigiTechSupt 10-28-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edit machine (Post 1687430)
Hey can someone from Digidesign / Avid chime in on this? I have talked to other operators who have the same problem and nobody has a resolution for it? Is this a fixable bug or do I have to wait for an update?

Can you send me your Log Files folder from inside your Pro Tools folder?

Zip it up and send it to me at: vi [at] digidesign [dot] com

Please include the thread number in the subject of the email.

edit machine 10-28-2010 02:05 PM

Hi, yes I can send it to you. How do I find the thread number for this thread though?

DigiTechSupt 10-28-2010 02:45 PM

It's at the end of the web address in your address bar when you view the thread - in this case it's '284890'.

edit machine 10-28-2010 03:14 PM

thanks! sent you an email with the logs.

edit machine 11-02-2010 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt (Post 1687528)
It's at the end of the web address in your address bar when you view the thread - in this case it's '284890'.

Hi I emailed the Logs last week, did you receive them?