Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Digidesign Hardware & Software (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Music Production Toolkit installer (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=388643)

Mattw 02-05-2017 07:07 AM

Music Production Toolkit installer

Having problems installing have the mptk box just bought it. Also have the protools 8.0.3 disk that came with my mbox I went and bought the 002 R got that working fine now my problem open the toolkit and the card says that the install file would be on my pt disk. No luck finding it.thank you for your time

Top Jimmy 02-05-2017 08:28 AM

Re: Cannot activate my Music Production Toolkit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattw (Post 2410974)
Having problems installing have the mptk box just bought it. Also have the protools 8.0.3 disk that came with my mbox I went and bought the 002 R got that working fine now my problem open the toolkit and the card says that the install file would be on my pt disk. No luck finding it.thank you for your time

Since you don't have the installation disks, you'll need to download each product in the toolkit individually.

Just to be sure, you do have the iLok licenses for everything in the toolkit right? If you bought the toolkit new and unopened, you'll need to register the product to get the licenses. If you bought it used, the original owner should have transferred the licenses to you.

Mattw 02-05-2017 09:52 AM

Re: Music Production Toolkit installer

Thank you yes I do have the ilok key I bought this new unopened

Top Jimmy 02-05-2017 10:06 AM

If this is the Music Production Toolkit 2, activate the product in your Avid account and it should give you access to the appropriate installer. If it's the original toolkit, you'll need to activate it but then I think you'll need to contact support to have them send you links for the installer.

Mattw 02-05-2017 06:19 PM

Thank you its not toolkit 2

Top Jimmy 02-05-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattw (Post 2411081)
Thank you its not toolkit 2

Then you can actually find everything in Avid's knowledgebase.

The Music Production Toolkit simply unlocks additional features in Pro Tools 8 so there's nothing to download for it.

Your licenses:
Smack! LE
TL Space Native
Hybrid 1.5
SoundReplacer
DINR LE
Search here: http://www.avid.com/search?site=kbase&q=

You should also update to PT-LE 8.0.5 as there was some unique file ID hinkyness that could happen on previous versions.

Mattw 02-09-2017 01:37 PM

Thank you everyone I have been dealing with avid was told they can no longer activate this product because it's to old it never been open.

Mattw 02-09-2017 09:09 PM

Anyone know what this means [ com.paceap.ias.services.ilokremote2.exceptions.Res aleAgreementViolationException: The product with GUID 7D4487B1-E521-EC75-3497-FB25A5CAE5E2 cannot be sold by Customer Avid transactionRecordReference = 150729659 ] I get this when trying to activate mptk thank you for your time

Top Jimmy 02-09-2017 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattw (Post 2411890)
Anyone know what this means [ com.paceap.ias.services.ilokremote2.exceptions.Res aleAgreementViolationException: The product with GUID 7D4487B1-E521-EC75-3497-FB25A5CAE5E2 cannot be sold by Customer Avid transactionRecordReference = 150729659 ] I get this when trying to activate mptk thank you for your time

Did you buy this second hand? If so, the person you bought it from can't just give you the old registration code. Once the code is used, it can't be re-used. They should have transferred the iLok licenses to you which can only be done via the iLok license manager.

Mattw 02-10-2017 04:05 AM

I bought it new the box was still sealed.