Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Audio import on stereo tracks instead of dual mono ? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=369237)

vudoo 06-28-2015 04:17 PM

Audio import on stereo tracks instead of dual mono ?

When i import interleaved audio in PT, it keeps putting it on two audio tracks instead of one stereo tracks. Is there a way to change that ?

Chief Technician 06-28-2015 05:39 PM

Re: Audio import on stereo tracks instead of dual mono ?

Do you have the interleaved option in the Session Setup window enabled?

vudoo 06-28-2015 07:04 PM

I tried importing with the Interleaved option checked and unchecked, both yield the same results, all mono tracks....

Top Jimmy 06-28-2015 07:41 PM

I think I saw this happen once because the L or R file name was already used. Try renaming the file.

Also, what happens if you create a stereo track and drag n drop the file from the desktop directly to the track?

nikhilmulay 06-28-2015 11:21 PM

It's happened to me before with exported wav's from cubase.
The only way around was to create stereo tracks manually and then drag from the region list.
I never figured out what made protools behave this way with certain exports but with trial and error it came up to one option that is selected by default in cubase.
I'll call my friend up who has cubase and ask him what it was.. Can't recall right now.

vudoo 06-29-2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

It's happened to me before with exported wav's from cubase.
The only way around was to create stereo tracks manually and then drag from the region list.
I never figured out what made protools behave this way with certain exports but with trial and error it came up to one option that is selected by default in cubase.
I'll call my friend up who has cubase and ask him what it was.. Can't recall right now.
The files i got was from a Cubase pro 8 export. Having to drag each track manually would be a work flow killer as i have 100's of them and with constant picture change and reconform, i'd be doing it all day….Please let me know if you find out what causes this. Thanks

The Weed 06-30-2015 08:43 AM

Do you have a Stereo Track you are trying to drag the files to or is the L and R going to 2 Mono Tracks?

In the past, Pro Tools only dealt with Split Stereo files, ie a Stereo Track would consist of a L and R component, but they would be contained in single Stereo Track. However, since they were L and R files, you could drag them to 2 Mono Tracks so L would be on one Mono Track and R on the other. You could even change the L and R audio on each Mono Track and then drag the files back to a Stereo Track.

When bouncing out you can make the Stereo Tracks Interleaved or Multi Mono, ie L and R.

Cheers,

vudoo 07-01-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Do you have a Stereo Track you are trying to drag the files to or is the L and R going to 2 Mono Tracks?
Please read my post…..

jb_trm 07-15-2015 11:49 AM

Same issue here: Export stereo WAV files from Cubase Pro 8 and trying to import them into Pro Tools HD 11 causes PT to create mono track pairs from the stereo files.

"Interleaved" is checked for the session. The only option is to create the stereo tracks manually and drag the files into them, then renaming all the tracks. Painful.

Anyone figured out whether this is by design or a bug?

Thanks!

rubenmarcano 06-14-2016 03:25 AM

For those having the Cubase issue:

When you are in the batch channel export window UNCHECK the

"Add iXML Chunk" and then Export and its gonna be fine in Pro Tools

:-)