Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   unable to start my Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=27050)

Ondrej Malina 10-02-2002 06:24 AM

unable to start my Pro Tools

Hello Guys,

I gotta big trouble! It's unable to start my PT TDM 5.0.1 (on MAC 9600). It happened suddenly, my PT was running OK and than after a few days not using it I wasn't able to start them again. While loading "WaveshellDAE 2.8.1" appears a message: UNABLE TO CREATE A DAE DECK!
I've tried almost everything: checking all the cables (3x), the PCI card inside the MAC, I've also looked if I do have enough memory......

any ideas would be highly appreciated

thanx

Ondrej Malina, Czech Republic

DigiTechSupt 10-02-2002 06:56 AM

Re: unable to start my Pro Tools

Open your Sound Control Panel, set its output to "Built-In," restart the computer and launch PT.

If problems persist, then you will need to offer more information about your system such as what Mac OS version and what Digi hardware you are using.

In the meantime, run DigiTest and see what it reports.

Brent

Pietari Koskinen 10-02-2002 01:08 PM

I keep a fresh copy of DAE on another drive for just this purpose (quick re-installation).

Ondrej Malina 10-02-2002 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DigiTechSupt:
Open your Sound Control Panel, set its output to "Built-In," restart the computer and launch PT.

If problems persist, then you will need to offer more information about your system such as what Mac OS version and what Digi hardware you are using.

In the meantime, run DigiTest and see what it reports.

Brent

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i tried to run DigiTest and it seemed like I have no PT PCI mix card in my MAC!

my PT is PT TDM 24mix, ADAT, MAC OS 8

Ondrej

Mark Haliday 10-03-2002 12:28 AM

One simple way I use to test whether the Digidesign hardware is properly recognized (to spot potential hardware problems like bad cables) is by opening the Digidesign Control Panel and fooling around with some of the interface settings.
If you can successfully change settings on the interfaces, then the software becomes even more the probable source of the problem.

I know that after a crash once my DAE application got corrupted and I had to reinstall pro tools from the CD.

bjorn for a reason 10-03-2002 12:38 AM

Has happened to me too. Reinstalled DAE, trashed prefs and digisetup and all was fine [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

DigiTechSupt 10-03-2002 06:24 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Ondrej Malina:
Quote:

i tried to run DigiTest and it seemed like I have no PT PCI mix card in my MAC!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">-Reseat your Mix Core (and any other Digi cards) in the computer.

-Trash the DigiSetup file (System Folder>Preferences) and restart the computer.

-Upon restart, reset the computer's PRAM. To perform this, hold down the command+option+R+P keys immediately after you boot the Mac (and hear the first chime). Continue to hold those keys down until you hear the Mac chime 3 times, release the keys and allow the computer to boot to the desktop.

If the cards are still not recognized by DigiTest and Pro Tools still posts the "unable to create DAE deck" error, then your Mix core is in need of repair. Please contact your local Digi field office to get an RA for the card:
http://www.digidesign.com/aboutus/contact/

Brent

Ondrej Malina 10-03-2002 11:57 PM

[quote]Originally posted by DigiTechSupt:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Ondrej Malina:
Quote:

i tried to run DigiTest and it seemed like I have no PT PCI mix card in my MAC!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">-Reseat your Mix Core (and any other Digi cards) in the computer.

-Trash the DigiSetup file (System Folder>Preferences) and restart the computer.

-Upon restart, reset the computer's PRAM. To perform this, hold down the command+option+R+P keys immediately after you boot the Mac (and hear the first chime). Continue to hold those keys down until you hear the Mac chime 3 times, release the keys and allow the computer to boot to the desktop.

If the cards are still not recognized by DigiTest and Pro Tools still posts the "unable to create DAE deck" error, then your Mix core is in need of repair. Please contact your local Digi field office to get an RA for the card:
http://www.digidesign.com/aboutus/contact/

Brent
<hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Problem already solved
I reseated the MIX CORE card and re-installed Pro Tools and all i fine! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanx for help!

Ondrej