Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 9 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   iLok licensing problem (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=286155)

andyv 12-24-2010 10:11 AM

Re: iLok licensing problem

**im not helping any situation...**

i think Protools...and PT9... is sweet hell awsome..love it..cant be beaten..that said,
iv had my share of problems, like every other pt user has had, and its become common practise for all... how to delete prefs, ilok blah blah, asio4all(win), authorize this and that...its overwhelming to say the least. Should this be the case?

Basically the downtime on any protools system ive heard through the DUC is phenominal, why?... because of security? so you cant get it for free? fair enough. alot of works gone into developing software this complex.

even though, yeah the software is the pinacle of audio software, or digital audio workstations, its still software.

Just a thought, and im pretty new to daw's in general, so my opinion dont mean to much but If the security wasn't so tight, you'd pretty much buy/download protools and use it. No problems what-so-ever.

enoviq 12-26-2010 10:44 PM

Weird. Now it's working again and no more error messages.

Maybe it does some kind of fancy network check for validity or something, is not robust enough when transient network interruptions happen, and so it barfs these error messages. Who knows?

cdxpat 12-30-2010 08:19 AM

License terms for 'Structure 1.1 Content' not found.

I have exactly the same problem. PT9 , Valid license on ILOK and only Structure has a problem.

It was working and now its stopped with same message.

Not being familiar with ILOKs at all is there someway to reset the licenses without trashing them ?

Park Seward 12-30-2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyv (Post 1725958)
**im not helping any situation...**

i think Protools...and PT9... is sweet hell awsome..love it..cant be beaten..that said,
iv had my share of problems, like every other pt user has had, and its become common practise for all... how to delete prefs, ilok blah blah, asio4all(win), authorize this and that...its overwhelming to say the least. Should this be the case?

Basically the downtime on any protools system ive heard through the DUC is phenominal, why?....

I don't agree. I followed the instructions for PT9 install and had no problems. I'm not bragging, just stating facts. PT LE 8 was working fine before that.

Everyone is not having problems.

thisistruth 01-07-2012 10:45 AM

I am experiencing the same error as above with only the structure content. the error comes and goes though and it's extremely annoying. especially when i have a session that i'm using structure.

still no solution for this?

raydsr 02-07-2013 11:15 PM

I'm having the same problem.

Structure 1.1 license is on my iLok, along with the entire Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack. But when I launch Pro Tools I get a warning that the license is not found.

Please help!

brickroadstudio 02-11-2013 11:13 AM

Once again, users time being wasted by AVIDs insistence on using Pace, a company that provides ZERO support with ILOK to protect themselves from software piracy. The irony is we all know people with hacked versions of pro tools so they are only punishing those of us who actually do pay.

Endless hours wasted with Ilok problems.