Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | Duet & Pro Tools | Quartet (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Virtual Instrument cause Duet input latency soar (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=402823)

whsi 01-08-2019 10:40 PM

Virtual Instrument cause Duet input latency soar

Hi,

I have been using duet for 3 years.

But the input latency increases sharply just after I load some virtual instrument.

Both input and output latency of buffer size of 64 is about 3.0X ms.

After loading only one virtual instrument, especially sampler with some memory load, the input latency jump to over 7ms. The most extreme time it is higher than 14ms. But the output latency remains 3ms.

This is not caused by lack of memory. I am using the same pc, and the same VIs.

I have tried to reinstall all the versions of drivers, and update the firmware with no success to solve the issue.

Please help me.

Thanks

PS: my memory is 32GB, and os is Windows 10.

Southsidemusic 01-08-2019 11:28 PM

Re: Virtual Instrument cause Duet input latency soar

Need more info here.

What plugins are causing these issues?
What hard drives and what PT version?

The more info the easier to assist.

whsi 01-09-2019 06:22 AM

The pt version is 12.
The VIs I notice the issue include vsl synchron piano, garrtian libraries, and kontakt libraries.

Southsidemusic 01-09-2019 07:49 AM

Please re-read my post if you want us to be able to assist.

Where are your sample libraries located?
How many drives do you have?
Models (SSD/spinners) ??
Speed of drives if spinners?

whsi 01-09-2019 09:58 AM

Thank you for your reply.

cpu: i7 4790k

mem: 32g

Libraries are in samsung 950 pro, m2 version, 1.6gb/s reading measured by samsung ssd tool.

There is another raid 0 drive, used to store project files.

Sorry for my English.

Southsidemusic 01-09-2019 10:20 AM

Your English is great so no worries there :-)

I would guess that the plugins you posted are a bit of CPU hogs and need a larger buffer size. Also I never ever look at those cpu meters as it doesn’t do anything for us unless there is a huge issue that make me think of a bad plugin.

Have you double checked ALL the plugins as if you have old versions and or a few bad demo plugins even if not used at all can cause havoc on the CPU.

I would drag all of them to the unused folder and then put them back a few at a time and test the session before adding the next batch.

Also make sure you trashed preferences and databases and let PT re-read all the plugins again AFTER you done the look thru all the plugins making sure they are all 100% updated and demos thrown away.