Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Prot Tools 10 - Virtual Instruments Install Problem (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=313845)

Gorbies 12-17-2011 10:10 AM

Prot Tools 10 - Virtual Instruments Install Problem

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help me. I recently upgraded from Pro Tools 8 to Pro Tools 10 via the online cross grade. Pro Tools seems to work fine as it can handle play back of older sessions, however, I cannot get any of my plug-ins to work in new sessions. For example, when I attempt to load a plug-in, I get the error message: "Content cannot be located. Please exit Pro Tools and check installation."

I presume the problem to be very simple - like the virtual instrument files are in the wrong place on my hard drive, but I am not sure how to assess, let alone fix the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am running an iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with OS X 10.7.2 and an 003 console.

Thanks in advance.

crizdee 12-17-2011 10:58 AM

Re: Prot Tools 10 - Virtual Instruments Install Problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorbies (Post 1879415)
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help me. I recently upgraded from Pro Tools 8 to Pro Tools 10 via the online cross grade. Pro Tools seems to work fine as it can handle play back of older sessions, however, I cannot get any of my plug-ins to work in new sessions. For example, when I attempt to load a plug-in, I get the error message: "Content cannot be located. Please exit Pro Tools and check installation."

I presume the problem to be very simple - like the virtual instrument files are in the wrong place on my hard drive, but I am not sure how to assess, let alone fix the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am running an iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with OS X 10.7.2 and an 003 console.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

After installing Pro Tools 10, did you install the virtual instruments installer as well. the VI installer must be installed after the main PT installer.

Chris

Gorbies 12-17-2011 11:27 AM

Chris,

Thanks for answering. I did run the installer program twice and there is no change.

Bushpig 12-18-2011 03:32 AM

Gorbies,

Actually, you need to re-run the main PT10 installer AFTER the Instrument install, as the PT10 installer updates some of the instrument plugins. Then you need to run the wee program in each of the instrument's folders to redirect the location of each library ("Set Content Location").

Sorry this is a bit of a hit and run post, I spent ages tracking down this info myself when I had problems, but can't quite put my hands on it now. Give it a try and I'll keep looking for the bits and pieces I collected (for instance had to do a Google search instead of a search on this forum to find certain tech support pages that describe this).

Cheers

Steve Bush
www.music180.com/pros/5887

MacPro 4.1 (Nehalem) 2.26 8 Core, OSX 10.6.8, PT10HD, 14 Gig RAM, PCIe HD3, 192, Sync I/O, Midi I/O.

TLK Tom 01-12-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushpig (Post 1879646)
Gorbies,

Actually, you need to re-run the main PT10 installer AFTER the Instrument install, as the PT10 installer updates some of the instrument plugins...

Hi, thanks for this info!

Would it be possible to post a link to the installer file as I cannot find it anywhere on this new avid website...

I only have the demo installed at the moment (waiting for the boxed auth to come in the post) so it is possible that this is why I can't find it (the demo does not appear in my products in my avid account).

I hope there is a way around this as I need to get this working tomorrow!

Many thanks in advance,

Tom.

Bushpig 01-12-2012 01:58 PM

Tom,

Hi. If you're talking about the installer for PTIEP, here's an Avid page with the latest installers separated (I assume it doesn't include the big content files):

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=425695

but DO follow the instructions at the bottom of the page to "Set Content Location" if you have all the correct files. The full PTIEP installers are permanently in my account, so not sure why they wouldn't show up in yours. Funny old world.

If you mean you need the PT10 installer, that also should be in your Avid account.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Steve Bush
www.music180.com/pros/5887

MacPro 4.1 (Nehalem) 2.26 8 Core, OSX 10.6.8, PT10HD, 14 Gig RAM, PCIe HD3, 192, Sync I/O, Midi I/O.

TLK Tom 01-12-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushpig (Post 1889111)
Tom,

Hi. If you're talking about the installer for PTIEP, here's an Avid page with the latest installers separated (I assume it doesn't include the big content files):

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=425695

Hi, actually no I am looking for an installer to give me back my mini grand and db33 (avid stock instrument) plugins...

Sorry maybe i got the wrong end of the stick? They are missing since the pro tools 10 upgrade for me.

T

TLK Tom 01-12-2012 02:26 PM

Sorry just realised I posted this on the wrong thread...

Soz ;-/

Bushpig 01-13-2012 12:23 AM

Tom,

Yes, sorry mate.

Quote:

Hi, actually no I am looking for an installer to give me back my mini grand and db33 (avid stock instrument) plugins...
I'd replied to another thread similar to this one AND saw your post on the other MAC PT10HD forum and it was late and my brain played a trick on me.

Hope you've found a way around this. I never would have imagined for a second that the demo install wouldn't include the CC instrument installer. Stranger things have happened I guess.

Cheers

SB

HearInc 01-13-2012 12:41 PM

BD33 and MiniGrand work ok for me in the PT10 Trial. Velvet does not. Same deal, can't find the content. Tried the little find content app, no help.

Then I found there's actually a paid upgrade for Velvet 1.3. Can anyone tell me what the upgrade includes? New sounds? Will that fix my issues with Velvet in PT10 and Lion?