Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How to make Drum loops beats etc. with your protools system (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=69037)

compblue 12-13-2002 11:28 PM

How to make Drum loops beats etc. with your protools system

What is the best way to make beats on the protools systems?

I have no drummer right now, and always loved cool grooves, I don't want simplisitic cheesy stuff I want to be able to experiment and get
some cool sounds.

I love the sound of the neptunes
how do I achieve this, what do they use?

GORILLA 12-13-2002 11:33 PM

Re: How to make Drum loops beats etc. with your protools system

Hey compblue, I don't know what the neptunes sound like. But, I just bought The Drum Kit From Hell, and I tell ya what. IT KICKS A$S!!! C.D. comes with some awesome loopable samples!! You'll need Battery too!

Viktor 12-14-2002 05:22 AM

Hi Gorilla,just curiouse how to use Battery with
DIGI 001? Thanks.

GORILLA 12-14-2002 05:30 AM

Hey Viktor, tell ya what, and not trying to sound ignorant. But do a search and use Battery as the search word and there's alot of topics on it. I run on a Mac, so I don't know if there's alot of differences. And I just got it, so I'm stumbling along [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . But, HOLY SH*T these samples just kick butt!! Lucky for me a fellow DUC'er walked me thru the set up steps!!!
Latency can be a killer, but I can deal with it!

da BaSsTaRd! 12-14-2002 07:32 AM

Reason 2 !!

J Blazin 12-14-2002 08:18 AM

I love the sound of the neptunes
how do I achieve this, what do they use?[/QB][/QUOTE]

For HipHop most really good producers that I know of DONT use software but I have heard some really good stuff that was made entirely by software. Reason is a good inexpensive start but the sounds arent very "Gutta" like the Neptunes sound. However, that is not to say you cant achieve the same with software. The Neptunes sound? hell if anyone knew excatly what we'd all be gettin paid.

who 12-14-2002 09:17 AM

There's a short interview with the Neptunes (actually N.E.R.D.) in the most recent Keyboard. I don't remeber what they said they used for beats though.

vocalize 12-14-2002 11:58 AM

Hey Compblue!

Not sure what you mean exactly, but if you want to create loops and beats from existing drum samples in Pro Tools, here's what you do:

Record audio samples in to seperate tracks (to really create good seperation).

Then go in to grid mode and line the samples up to make your own beats.

It's very simple, yet time consuming. But, A good way to get very creative with drum samples.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you!

P A M 12-14-2002 04:15 PM

Just get hold of Sonic Foundry ACID.. it´ll make your day..
- they got a free - albeit cut-down vertion on the site to try, - or a full demo.

After that import to PT.

Kind regards

DanyL 12-14-2002 04:42 PM

I use Acid alot, and it kik butts
There is alot of samples available.
I love it.

Version 4.0 is very good