Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Windows 10 and M- Audio Fast Track Pro (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406304)

alfa12 09-13-2019 12:29 PM

Windows 10 and M- Audio Fast Track Pro

Hello Everyone! Could you please tell me if M-Audio Fast Track Pro works together with Windows 10? I have Sequel 2, but for some reason my M-audio fast track pro does not work and I cant find any updates. Please help me. Thank you.

albee1952 09-13-2019 01:28 PM

Re: Windows 10 and M- Audio Fast Track Pro

I'm sure this isn't the answer you want, but I would move on from M-Audio for 2 reasons:
1-their driver support has been hit or miss for years
2-the only interface they made that could be considered "pro" is the ProFire 2626(but that's just as old as the fast track)

Check out Focusrite for "budget" options(better sound and better drivers). Just an opinion:o

alfa12 09-13-2019 03:08 PM

Dave, Thanks so much! I will order then a different midi interface!

Southsidemusic 09-13-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfa12 (Post 2538007)
Dave, Thanks so much! I will order then a different midi interface!

Why are you talking about a Midi Interface? Is it midi from an outside synth you wanna use or is it a audio interface or both? As Dave said Focusrite has some good units for great prices but if you need midi on the Audio Interface make sure that the interface has midi. The smallest Focusrite units doesn’t have Midi so look at the +299 usd units.

This is only posted as you said you would get a new Midi Interface.

alfa12 09-13-2019 06:25 PM

Sorry, I was tired today and I typed a wrong words, of course, I need a different audio interface. Another thing, I was not composed for years in Sequel 2 and I need again to open my books and review everything there. Thank you very much for your help!

The Weed 09-14-2019 08:48 AM

Since you are on Windows, Focusrite's drivers have been hit or miss. Depending on your I/O and MIDI needs and budget do some research. Audient and Steinberg interfaces are some other options on a budget. Up the money scale UAD, Apogee and RME come to mind.

albee1952 09-14-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Weed (Post 2538051)
Since you are on Windows, Focusrite's drivers have been hit or miss. Depending on your I/O and MIDI needs and budget do some research. Audient and Steinberg interfaces are some other options on a budget. Up the money scale UAD, Apogee and RME come to mind.

My 2 cents....be careful with Audient. In the past, they have had some issues working well with Pro Tools(maybe they have it squared away now?). RME has the reputation of the best drivers of all and rank very high in quality(if you can afford it):o You also could look at MOTU for some mid-price options:-)