Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Dual Monitor Support for Digi 002? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=70056)

dsharpie 01-22-2003 08:17 AM

Dual Monitor Support for Digi 002?

I'm building a machine for my Digi-002 and I am considering going dual monitor. In reading other posts, it seems that digi-001 users had problems with dual monitor support - they had to resize the windows each time you started pro tools. Does anyone have any experience using a dual monitor set-up with the digi-002 on a PC? How has it been?

I want a separate screen for edit and mix windows.

Thanks.

Swaphappy 01-22-2003 09:44 AM

Re: Dual Monitor Support for Digi 002?

I don't have a Digi 002 but from what I have heard the PTLE software is still the same as for my Digi 001. If there is going to be dual monitor support it would have to be added to PTLE which has not happened yet.
Beside that I can say the some of the people who bought Digi 002's are still using a utility that I created called WindowPlacer. It helps with the placement of the mix and edit windows on a dual setup. Other than that we are still stuck for lack of Digidesign intervention on this problem.
So far I have emailed out 106 copies of WindowPlacer so I know there is a need out there for it and I don't see why Digi doesn't add this feature to PTLE since it's a lovely thing to have and very little code to add.
[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

dsharpie 01-22-2003 10:21 AM

Thanks for the reply. Would it be possible for you to send me that utility? You can e-mail me using my username at hotmail. Cheers!

Swaphappy 01-22-2003 10:33 AM

I'm sending it.
Let me know how it works for you.

jbiss 01-23-2003 10:17 PM

Could you email it to me also, or send me a link where I could download it from. I just set up a Digi 002 for somebody with dual monitors. Thanks

Scoobster 01-23-2003 10:25 PM

Swaphappy to the rescue again!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hey imagine if you charged $10 for that software

imagine if you charged $20

what if $50

what if $100

what if .....

Ahhhhhh swaphappy I for one am eternally grateful because windowplacer is awesome.

You guys are gunna love it!!

Graeme Oxby 01-24-2003 05:00 AM

i HAVE A 002 AND FIND i DON'T NEED A DUAL MONITOR set up. I use one monitor with edit window only (with all i/o etc visble) and the 002 IS the mix window. Save the dough and buy yourself an ice cream!

Scoobster I WOULD Like your window placer to use with my AVID DVXPRESS system. Does it work for that prog?

If so PLEASE e-mail me that bad boy!

GRaeme [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]