Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Lost the red playback/record cursor for recording (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=401952)

nightwaterproject 11-14-2018 07:44 PM

Lost the red playback/record cursor for recording

Please help. For some reason when I opened my Protools 11 yesterday my red cursor for recording vanished and I don't know how to get it back. If anyone knows how I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you so much!

2nd issue:
Right now I just have the regular blue cursor so when I hit play or record, it starts there. Then when I hit Stop and hit play again it keeps going and doesn't restart at the original cursor location.

Darryl Ramm 11-14-2018 08:35 PM

Re: Lost the red playback/record cursor for recording

it is unclear what you are describing, can you post a screenshot. Make sure the track is record armed when you do that.

musicman691 11-15-2018 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightwaterproject (Post 2505788)
Please help. For some reason when I opened my Protools 11 yesterday my red cursor for recording vanished and I don't know how to get it back. If anyone knows how I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you so much!

2nd issue:
Right now I just have the regular blue cursor so when I hit play or record, it starts there. Then when I hit Stop and hit play again it keeps going and doesn't restart at the original cursor location.

2nd issue first as that's the easiest - check whether you have 'link edit & timeline selection' enabled or not.

The first issue needs more explanation. And Darryl has that covered.

What would help is some system info like what exact PT11 version do you have and what's your operating system?

nightwaterproject 11-15-2018 10:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I unfortunately cannot get a screenshot from my computer as I'm at work; however I found a screenshot from online.

Attached is a screenshot of what it looks like. There is a blue line between measures 13 and 17. This is where the playback starts however I used to have another line that was Red where recording would start, not playback.

I can get you my PC and Protools specs this evening.

nightwaterproject 11-15-2018 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure what happened to my previous I posted this morning so I'll try to explain it a little better below...
The red icon/cursor I referred to is the part where the track starts recording. The blue icon/cursor is where the playback starts. If you see my attached screenshot between measures 13 and 17 is the blue line. There should be a red line after that or somewhere there but it's no longer there.
I'll try to update this thread tomorrow with my computer info and exact Protools version etc.

musicman691 11-16-2018 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightwaterproject (Post 2505853)
I'm not sure what happened to my previous I posted this morning so I'll try to explain it a little better below...
The red icon/cursor I referred to is the part where the track starts recording. The blue icon/cursor is where the playback starts. If you see my attached screenshot between measures 13 and 17 is the blue line. There should be a red line after that or somewhere there but it's no longer there.
I'll try to update this thread tomorrow with my computer info and exact Protools version etc.

For one thing the measure position indicator is showing somewheres in measure 33 - try zooming out and see if it's there. Also you won't see a red cursor unless the track you're recording is is record enabled. We really need that system info and exact PT version.

nightwaterproject 11-16-2018 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You were right as it was off to the side and I was able to get the red indicator back but now i don't have a preroll before it records.

My version is Protools 11.2.1 running on a Alienware Windows 7 home premium 64 bit laptop. Intel core i7 CPU @ 2.70 GHz.

musicman691 11-16-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightwaterproject (Post 2505895)
You were right as it was off to the side and I was able to get the red indicator back but now i don't have a preroll before it records.

My version is Protools 11.2.1 running on a Alienware Windows 7 home premium 64 bit laptop. Intel core i7 CPU @ 2.70 GHz.

I suggest taking a read through the PT user's guide aka The Manual; take your time going through it as well as understanding the basics.

nightwaterproject 11-16-2018 12:33 PM

I will do that. Thank you for your time.

Drew Mazurek 11-17-2018 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightwaterproject (Post 2505853)
I'm not sure what happened to my previous I posted this morning

it was moderated because you're a new member posting pics.