Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Upgraded to 12 and having Activation Errors (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=395273)

amishsixstringer 11-23-2017 11:39 AM

Upgraded to 12 and having Activation Errors

Hey guys,

This morning I upgraded to a subscription plan from a perpetual 11 license. After installation and activation with iLok (most recent version installed 4.0.0.42) upon launch of protools I'm asked to activate with my ilok. The screen says I have no active licenses.

So, I deactivated my license in the ilok manager and rebooted protools. Now it finds the available license and asks me activate it. So I do. It says successful activation and then I get this error message:

this software cannot run because the activation experience thinks the authorization was found, but the wrapper could not verify it

I click okay and protools closes.

This is an extremely time sensitive issue at this point. I have have 18 sessions in the next 30 days and this can't be an issue. First one starts tomorrow.

Any help would be amazing.

Neil

john1192 11-23-2017 11:48 AM

Re: Upgraded to 12 and having Activation Errors

not knowing any of your system info ..

FYI: there is a newer version of iLOk manager for MAC ... 4.01

trash you preferences and restart computer .. try this an report back .. quote me and i will get an email ..

amishsixstringer 11-23-2017 11:54 AM

Thanks for your reply. I am using a 64-bit Windows 7 machine. Is there any other info you may need? It's an Intel i7 processor.

Neil

amishsixstringer 11-23-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1192 (Post 2460984)
not knowing any of your system info ..

FYI: there is a newer version of iLOk manager for MAC ... 4.01

trash you preferences and restart computer .. try this an report back .. quote me and i will get an email ..

I have done both of those things.

Thank you.

Neil

amishsixstringer 11-23-2017 12:06 PM

I noticed yesterday that ilok's server was down for most of the day. Related?

Neil

Southsidemusic 11-23-2017 12:12 PM

Unrelated!!

Open iLok manager and make sure you sync/repair with ilok connected.

Also make sure that you have the ilok on a USB2 port if possible or a USB2 hub as that has been issues for many members here. Ilok doesn't like USB3 ports on some computers, mainly Mac Books.

Darryl Ramm 11-23-2017 12:13 PM

In addition to what Chris has suggested, I would upgrade the ILM if you did not already do that, or try reinstalling the ILM again if you did. Anything more will likely require Avid support, and unfortunately being a holiday they are off today. You should report the problem report here http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation. Be sure to include your correct iLok account info.

amishsixstringer 11-23-2017 12:15 PM

Thanks for your reply. My ilok thanks for your reply. My ilok has been plugged into the same USB port for 3 years. I've never touched it. It's never been a problem I have 96 authorizations on that ilok. I will try a different port. I did synchronize and it didn't make a difference.

Neil

Darryl Ramm 11-23-2017 12:19 PM

Try it on a USB2 hub if you have one. At this point you are just trying everything you can. (I personally have no problems with iLok 2 and iLok 3 on USB-C/USB 3.1 ports on my 2016 MBP).

Southsidemusic 11-23-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2460994)
Try it on a USB2 hub if you have one. At this point you are just trying everything you can. (I personally have no problems with iLok 2 and iLok 3 on USB-C/USB 3.1 ports on my 2016 MBP).

We only have issues with new ilok3's on our two trashcan macs in the studio but on the brand new MBP i bought a few days ago it works great.

Also on our older 2014 MBP's the ilok2's are hanging in there but just a few weeks ago we had to get two usb2 hubs after doing absolutely nothing different so if its programmed into ILM or somewhere else when updating software I dunno, had to get two hubs for the older MBP's to see the iloks without dropping out mid session :rolleyes: