Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Digidesigns Control24 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405976)

groupeze 08-16-2019 03:45 AM

Digidesigns Control24

Hi,
I am using a Control 24 with protools using v control.
I had initial problems but v control sorted that.
I have a problem that the peak lights, all of them on the mixer section are on permanently as of yesterday.
And no signal is getting through the mixer section.
I am new to the C24.
Have I pressed something by accident or does the mixer section need to go in for repair?
I will be very grateful of some advice?
Also can anyone advise of a service centre in the South Wales area?
Regards

Groupeze

crizdee 08-16-2019 05:19 AM

Re: Digidesign Control24

Quote:

Originally Posted by groupeze (Post 2535601)
Hi,
I am using a C24 with protools using v control.
I had initial problems but v control sorted that.
I have a problem that the peak lights, all of them on the mixer section are on permanently as of yesterday.
And no signal is getting through the mixer section.
I am new to the C24.
Have I pressed something by accident or does the mixer section need to go in for repair?
I will be very grateful of some advice?
Also can anyone advise of a service centre in the South Wales area?
Regards

Groupeze

Hi,

Do you mean the original Digidesign focusrite Control 24 or the later C24

The issue sounds like a component problem hardware. first thing to check would be the power supply and its connections. remove and clean all connections and see if that helps. failing that then a repair centre..

Lee Engineering Ltd +44 (0)1524 846078 or +44 (0)1524 846070 Palatine House, Scotforth Road Lancaster LA1 4SA Email:
[email protected]
www.leeeng.co.uk

Chris

groupeze 08-16-2019 05:37 AM

Thanks for your reply.
It is the control 24.
Can you point me in the direction of a service centre?

regards

Rhys

Southsidemusic 08-16-2019 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groupeze (Post 2535607)
Thanks for your reply.
It is the control 24.
Can you point me in the direction of a service centre?

regards

Rhys

He just did point you to a repair guy above ...
Which PT version are you using with that old thing?

If you have HD 10 you dont need the halfazzed Neyrinck application and if you have HD 11 and up you do need it but that Neyrinck is very restricted in functions compared to using the Control24 w/PT10 ...

Also remember that those units go for less than $1K in good working order, a friend here have one at a neighbour studio for sale at $700 mint condition so take that into consideration when you get a quote should you need to send it off for repairs.

TOM@METRO 08-16-2019 07:05 AM

Re: Digidesigns Control24

Christopher is correct. Pouring money into one of these may prove to be disappointing in hindsight.

crizdee 08-16-2019 07:59 AM

Re: Digidesigns Control24

Hi,

Ive had several repairs to mine over the years and its always been the power supply. last repair was about £100 but that was taking the PSU out of the desk and having it serviced/repaired.

I have a spare unit here with everything except the PSU as i keep that as a spare for mine. but unless you know the exact component that's failed i cant really supply you with anything

You can always try local repair centers and see if anyone is up for looking at it as it could and most likely is something simple.

Chris