Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Delete/disable cloud (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=391947)

Antoine K 06-26-2017 11:46 AM

Delete/disable cloud

Hello

I don't need, and never asked for, my project to be on a cloud, how can i delete it from your servers and prevent further upload ?

Thank you in advance,
Antoine

gives 06-26-2017 01:14 PM

Re: Delete/disable cloud

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antoine K (Post 2437078)
Hello

I don't need, and never asked for, my project to be on a cloud, how can i delete it from your servers and prevent further upload ?

Thank you in advance,
Antoine

not sure I understand the question.. Are you looking at sessions via the Cloud or on your HD when you created them? G

Antoine K 06-26-2017 01:17 PM

Well i installed pro tool first with the avid application manager, created my project, worked a few hours on it, and now it's on your servers, I might have missed a option to prevent that, but it uses my upload bandwith and i don't need the feature, so i'd like the project to be only on my computer.

albee1952 06-26-2017 06:47 PM

You can remove the App Manager and the Cloud services:o

Antoine K 06-27-2017 04:16 AM

Thank you for your answer,

Is there a way to make a local back up of the project to prevent any deletion or interactions with the cloud ? I'm sorry if I seem clueless but I recently switched on PT and I'm a bit confused by this whole cloud thing.

junkgear 06-27-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antoine K (Post 2437369)

Is there a way to make a local back up of the project to prevent any deletion or interactions with the cloud ? I'm sorry if I seem clueless but I recently switched on PT and I'm a bit confused by this whole cloud thing.

Pro Tools First requires you to create your project on Avid's servers. Once the project is created, you do not need to be online and can continue to work on your project. The next time you are online, your changes will be synced to the cloud.

There is no way around this with Pro Tools First. If you want to only have local sessions (no cloud required) you will need to get standard Pro Tools. There are a few options, such as monthly subscription that are fairly inexpensive.

Antoine K 06-28-2017 02:02 AM

This might make me go back to an other software to be honest, i don't really like intrusive features.

Thanks again for your support,

Antoine

junkgear 06-28-2017 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antoine K (Post 2437716)

This might make me go back to an other software to be honest, i don't really like intrusive features.

Thanks again for your support,

Antoine

Just to be clear, it is only intrusive in the Free version of PT. If you do decide to give the paid version a try, you are not forced to use the cloud.

Pete Morten 08-23-2018 06:35 AM

In relation to this... I subscribe to standard Protools, but only on a month by month basis. I.e. I sub as and when I need it, not have it sub automatically every month.

Anyway, my question is this. As I have Protools first too, is there a way to access the cloud storage and delete sessions on there?. I cannot for the life of me see away to do this!. I ask, as I'm almost out of cloud space, and I have no interest in buying more storage, or upgrading to get more storage etc etc

Thanks

junkgear 08-23-2018 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Morten (Post 2497656)
In relation to this... I subscribe to standard Protools, but only on a month by month basis. I.e. I sub as and when I need it, not have it sub automatically every month.

Anyway, my question is this. As I have Protools first too, is there a way to access the cloud storage and delete sessions on there?. I cannot for the life of me see away to do this!. I ask, as I'm almost out of cloud space, and I have no interest in buying more storage, or upgrading to get more storage etc etc

Thanks

Please take a look at the Deleting Projects section of the PTF online help.