Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   PT8 Crashes on launch (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=241401)

sonicapg 03-12-2009 04:37 AM

PT8 Crashes on launch

Hello

I have a problem with PT8.My interface is Mbox2 Mini,& installation was performed on clean [restored to the factory default using the HP recovery utility ,that is FORMATING the system hdd ,and restore system to factory shipping condition] HP Laptop ,using Windows Vista Home .

Before I continue ,I need to make something crystal clear:
__________________________________________________ ______________
This laptop ,using the Windows Vista,was running PT 7.4 fine with no issues.
Therefore I assume my system has not any compatibility issues.
Here are the steps i followed

1.Restored the system
2.Removed the Norton Internet security software
3.Updated Windows using windows update recommended
4.Followed all the steps in system optimisation Digidesign page
5.Installed the PT8 system,installation was completed with no issued other except QuickTime wasnt installed and i was asked to install it.

At the time the ....system is being restore to factory condition,this is why i cant post detailed system information.Any help will really appreciated.
Thank you

sonicapg 03-12-2009 04:38 AM

Re: PT8 Crashes on launch

PS I am using the Web donwloaded installed,and the files are decompressed in a folder ,and setup executed from within this folder

sonicapg 03-12-2009 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicapg (Post 1366609)
Hello

I have a problem with PT8.My interface is Mbox2 Mini,& installation was performed on clean [restored to the factory default using the HP recovery utility ,that is FORMATING the system hdd ,and restore system to factory shipping condition] HP Laptop ,using Windows Vista Home .

Before I continue ,I need to make something crystal clear:
This laptop ,using the Windows Vista,was running PT 7.4 fine with no issues.
Therefore I assume my system has not any compatibility issues.
Here are the steps i followed

1.Restored the system
2.Removed the Norton Internet security software
3.Updated Windows using windows update recommended
4.Followed all the steps in system optimisation Digidesign page
5.Installed the PT8 system,installation was completed with no issued other except QuickTime wasnt installed and i was asked to install it.

At the time the ....system is being restore to factory condition,this is why i cant post detailed system information.Any help will really appreciated.
Thank you

When system crashes no error message appears ,its a windows Blue Screen Of Death

albee1952 03-12-2009 07:28 AM

I would start by downloading and installing quicktime. I would also go thru Control Panel>System>Hardware Manager(XP for me so I hope this makes sense for Vista) and go down the list of devices and update drivers for everything. AFAIK, quicktime is needed but I not convinced it will solve your problem(but it can't hurt).

sonicapg 03-12-2009 08:06 AM

thanks for reply

i restored windows,but didnt updated,and now all is fine.