Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Kontakt Session String Midi Notes Stuck on Sustain (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=407930)

Cayce 01-05-2020 12:19 PM

Kontakt Session String Midi Notes Stuck on Sustain

I’ve just paid over 600.00 for the Komplete 12 package, with a primary interest in the Session Strings. Right away I discovered that whatever note I stop the playhead on, the note sustains indefinitely, until I either find and play the note on my keyboard, or shut down the plugin. My research shows complaints in the Native Instruments support forum going back to 2012 on this issue, with NI telling people they're "working on a solution". This makes it impossible to work.

More research shows many threads in here saying it's Pro Tools that is the problem, so my first question is, whose problem is it, Pro Tools or Native instruments? The second questions would be, is there a solution or a workaround for it?

Thanks.

JFreak 01-05-2020 12:29 PM

Re: Kontakt Session String Midi Notes Stuck on Sustain

It might also be PT problem. What is your MIDI Merge setting?

Benoni 01-05-2020 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You can always click the 'PANIC' button to shut down all output from Kontakt. Good to know when you get those hanging notes.

Attachment 12460

musicman691 01-05-2020 02:23 PM

I've not had the problem of late with Kontakt which is what the op is talking about. One thing that can cause sustained notes like the op mentions is not getting a sustain off MIDI message especially when playing a lot of notes at one time. Kontakt does have a 'panic button' - it's the exclamation point at the top right of the gui just to the right of the cpu & disk percentage indicators and just to the left of the NI logo.

Something else to check is the op using the Kontakt memory server and where are the samples coming from.

Sardi 01-05-2020 02:51 PM

Yeah, it still happens. Latest version of PT and KU.

I don’t know who the issue falls on as I don’t tend to write much outside of PT (whenever I get the chance to write that is), but it happens with basic one note stuff like basslines not just complex stuff.

I just personally chalk it up to more annoyances with MIDI in PT that I never see changing unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyingrockstudios 01-06-2020 08:09 AM

Does this happen when you use the stand alone Kontakt outside of Pro Tools?

Southsidemusic 01-06-2020 09:01 AM

Same here as Musicman. Haven’t seen this on 2019.10 and up on HS and Mojave here atleast. Although we never had that issue or we never ran into it before either.

Sardi 01-06-2020 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyingrockstudios (Post 2550090)
Does this happen when you use the stand alone Kontakt outside of Pro Tools?

Wouldn’t know as I don’t really use Kontakt outside of PT. I could try it in Live or Reason if I get a chance but I have a strong suspicion it won’t happen there.

ZEUSS 01-15-2020 02:37 PM

Definitely getting stuck notes. Session strings pro 2 and various other VI’s. I hit the mute button in Kontakt and it will stop. But still it comes back. Been like this for a few years. 2019.12 installed now. Maybe it’s a Kontakt issue? Maybe just another midi bug on the list.

musicman691 01-15-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEUSS (Post 2551011)
Definitely getting stuck notes. Session strings pro 2 and various other VI’s. I hit the mute button in Kontakt and it will stop. But still it comes back. Been like this for a few years. 2019.12 installed now. Maybe it’s a Kontakt issue? Maybe just another midi bug on the list.

Have you hit the panic button in Kontakt? It's th exclamation point at the top right of the gui. That'll stop the notes from sounding. All the mute does is stop you from hearing the notes - it doesn't stop them.