Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2020 (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Clip effects as a paid add-on (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=411388)

lesbrunn 08-04-2020 11:25 AM

Re: Clip effects as a paid add-on

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2574289)
Yes, or wait for it to become a standard feature.

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. Did you get my original statement that every DAW on the planet has it for free? When is Avid going to implement it as standard? Five years from now? It should already be f#$KinG standard...

JFreak 08-04-2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesbrunn (Post 2574293)
Sorry, but that's ridiculous. Did you get my original statement that every DAW on the planet has it for free? When is Avid going to implement it as standard? Five years from now? It should already be f#$KinG standard...

You may be better educated than I am, but please just for fun write a list of DAW's where this feature is included as standard. I bet it is not "every DAW on the planet"

dougdi 08-04-2020 11:31 AM

Reaper

lesbrunn 08-04-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2574292)
Actually no. All of the Ultimate features are installed when you install PT to begin with, just some features are unlocked when the software sees Ultimate license. No extra installing or removing needed, all you need is the Ultimate license.

Janne,
You don't get it. I don't need an Ultimate license... much more especially in order to get basic functionality that everyone else has for very few dollars perpetually.... That's extortion. Avid is greedy!

JFreak 08-04-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesbrunn (Post 2574296)
Janne,
You don't get it. I don't need an Ultimate license... much more especially in order to get basic functionality that everyone else has for very few dollars perpetually.... That's extortion. Avid is greedy!

Maybe Avid is greedy, maybe you are cheap. I do not know, either can be true.

But what I said was when you install PT you are installing every single feature, no need for patching and removing for additional features. All you need is a license.

lesbrunn 08-04-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougdi (Post 2574295)
Reaper

Cubase, Live, Fruity Loops, just to name a few of the popular ones. Studio One.

lesbrunn 08-04-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JingleDjango (Post 2574291)
Agree with JFreak. Would be a nice feature for Vanilla but I would rather not have a bunch of separate features parceled out as in-app-purchases. However I would like to see something closer to a unified feature-set across the board, or even a single software suite expandable by hardware.

I'm also not aware of clip FX as a standard feature among other DAWs, at least not in the same manner. I know that Ableton gives advanced control over clip playback including volume envelopes, pitch, looping, etc. It's not really the same thing, though.

Probably not in the same manner, but you can add EQ and compression to individual clips, and have different settings for different clips. I just need the basics.

lesbrunn 08-04-2020 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2574297)
Maybe Avid is greedy, maybe you are cheap. I do not know, either can be true.

But what I said was when you install PT you are installing every single feature, no need for patching and removing for additional features. All you need is a license.

OK. Maybe Avid is greedy. Maybe I'm cheap. Maybe you are an ultra wagging-tail Avid fan-boy. Who knows?

JFreak 08-04-2020 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesbrunn (Post 2574300)
OK. Maybe Avid is greedy. Maybe I'm cheap. Maybe you are an ultra wagging-tail Avid fan-boy. Who knows?

Who knows. Last I checked, I have no tail :cool:

lesbrunn 08-04-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2574302)
Who knows. Last I checked, I have no tail :cool:

Look again. Just in case... Maybe you've started growing a little one :D. You do have a sense of humour bro; that's VERY cool in my book.