Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   absynth & pt (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=56349)

j creasey 07-20-2003 09:33 AM

absynth & pt

i have never really used direct connect so could someone please tell me in point form how to properly use absynth with pro tolls 5.2 based on os 9.2.thanks in advance.

ronev 07-20-2003 10:38 AM

Re: absynth & pt

Which Absynth version...pre-Native Instruments or post-Native Instruments?

DIGIDUDE26 07-20-2003 10:44 AM

Months ago befor version 6 came out I tried messing around with the direct connect and absynth/pro 53. It was not easy getting them to work because if you have the studio collection installed as well the direct connect will not work anymore, that was the first thing i found out. Second.......once you get the direct connect working with Absynth it sounded like complete @$$. Distorted digital noise bla bla.........so I gave up. I will be getting absynth 2 here soon and try using it with PT's but I'm not expecting much.

goodl luck though creasey.

Homebelly 07-20-2003 03:51 PM

Don't give up on ABSYNTH just yet.If your going over to PT6 and OSX then i would recomend you give this bad boy a shot.It's just been ported to OSX and i got an e.mail from NI that told me A2 would be RTAS by the end of Next month.
I love this machine,,Brian Clevenger did the most awsome job of building it and he still dose all of the updates and rebuilds him self,,or so i am led to believe,,i
've played arround with this since it was a shareware and it has only gotten better since N-I took it over.
If your copy of ABSYNTH is a new in the box version then you will be entitaled to a free upgrade to A2,,sadly though,no DIRRECT-CONNECT or RTAS on OS9 for this version.But you could run it standalone and use the soundmanager and a split cable from your macs headphone jack to the inputs on your digi interface to pipe sound into PT.
Under OS9 it's easy ennough to set up an IAC bus with OMS so PT can talk to ABSYNTH.
As for DIGIDUDES problem,it sounds to me as though he might be using the 128 bit digi stream manager,,or what ever it was called,,N-I's apps dont want to play nice with this version,,use the old version.

DIGIDUDE26 07-20-2003 08:42 PM

i actually used both.........they told me to download that 128 bit file......and that didn't change much. I still like absynth for stand alone.......but the direct connect thing was not worth the hassel anymore. OSX i hope will be a different story!

sean shannon 07-20-2003 10:07 PM

It's funny you should ask right now. I just last night got Absynth working with PT 5.2 Direct connect. It was easy. Follow the directions for DC in the Plug ins guide (pdf under "help") and it works. Sounds fantastic! Follow step by step, and it will crank!!

j creasey 07-21-2003 12:01 AM

well that leaves me out [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] i have the studio collection and i wont give up the best b3 sound (next to the real thing) you can get' it is post ni and it came bundled with a g3 i bought for my wifes web stuff 'thanx for your input.

j creasey 07-21-2003 12:03 AM

well that leaves me out [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] i have the studio collection and i wont give up the best b3 sound (next to the real thing) you can get' it is post ni and it came bundled with a g3 i bought for my wifes web stuff 'thanx for your input.