Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Pro Tools LE 8.0.3 Download for Mac (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=271463)

christopherleary 04-11-2010 02:23 PM

Pro Tools LE 8.0.3 Download for Mac

I cannot find a download for the newest LE software for Mac OS.

I am running Snow Leopard, I installed the 8.0 software from the disc, then came to work to download the update (I do not have internet access @ home). I am trying to find the download on my Windows based work laptop (I cannot connect my MacPro to my work network) to take home and install on my Mac.

I keep finding links whenever I search the duc, the Avid site or google but they are all bogus links that send me to a picture of the Blue guy from Avatar.

It's bad enough I had to sit through that movie once, I've been searching for an hour now and all I can find is Na'vi. This is a nightmare!

sunburst79 04-11-2010 02:36 PM

Re: Pro Tools LE 8.0.3 Download for Mac

Quote:

Originally Posted by christopherleary (Post 1589780)
I cannot find a download for the newest LE software for Mac OS.

I am running Snow Leopard, I installed the 8.0 software from the disc, then came to work to download the update (I do not have internet access @ home). I am trying to find the download on my Windows based work laptop (I cannot connect my MacPro to my work network) to take home and install on my Mac.

I keep finding links whenever I search the duc, the Avid site or google but they are all bogus links that send me to a picture of the Blue guy from Avatar.

It's bad enough I had to sit through that movie once, I've been searching for an hour now and all I can find is Na'vi. This is a nightmare!

Its moving day for Digidesign.com. Its in the process of being transitioned to Avid.com. Until that is finished things will be somewhat disrupted. Check back in a few hours to a day or two.

christopherleary 04-11-2010 02:46 PM

Wow! Bad timing for me :confused:!

My Windows PC died just before Christmas, and I finally saved enough cash for a Mac Pro (used but good enough) and fired it up today of all days.

Thanks for the reply though, I suppose I can be patient and understand the immesnse amount of work this transition is.

But I still don't forgive the Avatar overload :mad:.

daerid 04-11-2010 03:40 PM

Somebody's gotta have a mirror for this. Anybody? Kinda need this right now.

djmendoja 04-11-2010 05:52 PM

8.0.3cs2 Update

jeffro 04-11-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christopherleary (Post 1589780)
I cannot find a download for the newest LE software for Mac OS. I am running Snow Leopard, I installed the 8.0 software from the disc...

Sorry for the disruption! We just sent a DigiDelivery link for the installer to your DUC email address.

jeffro 04-11-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daerid (Post 1589833)
Somebody's gotta have a mirror for this. Anybody? Kinda need this right now.

Please reply with the specific installer you need, and make sure the email address in your DUC profile is the one you used to register the product. Thanks.

tinaj 04-11-2010 09:12 PM

hi there!

i've also been looking for the download link for hours.... can i also get an email with that plz?

i need the L.E. 8.0.3 update for mac OS X

thanks

jeffro 04-11-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinaj (Post 1590066)
i've also been looking for the download link for hours.... can i also get an email with that plz?
i need the L.E. 8.0.3 update for mac OS X
thanks

Sent (and removed your email from your post to prevent spam).

christopherleary 04-12-2010 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC (Post 1589915)
Sorry for the disruption! We just sent a DigiDelivery link for the installer to your DUC email address.

Thanks! Downloading as we speak. As it turns out, it wasn't much of a hurry. I didn't realise Mac Pros only have Firewire 800 ports (I thought they had 400 & 800) so living in the middle of nowhere I have to wait for the weekend to get the proper cable.

The link is much appreciated none-the-less.