Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   How can I increase my audio track count beyond 192 tracks? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=302864)

Sukram 06-16-2011 02:31 AM

How can I increase my audio track count beyond 192 tracks?

Hello, I've an accell 2 system and need more tracks.
On the avid HD accell-three page it says that accell-three only has 192 tracks available as well. Does anyone know how can I obtain a larger track avaliability? Thank you, Markus.

Brandonx1 06-16-2011 07:14 AM

Re: How can I increase my audio track count beyond 192 tracks?

Satellite another HD rig.

crizdee 06-16-2011 07:37 AM

Hi,

Link 9 Studer A800's together will give you 216, but will cost $2900 in tape;)

Chris

DarylG 06-16-2011 07:47 AM

You can have more tracks, but they will not play (will be disabled). If you really need more tracks, then as posted above, you will need to buy another rig, or even just use a more modern sequencer. ;)

D

Drew Mazurek 06-16-2011 07:59 AM

Please list your track list. I'm dying to see what is on those 192 tracks!! :D

Sukram 06-16-2011 08:18 AM

Hello, thanks for the tips. A satellite HD rig Rig hey!
And I thought I could just get another card :)

Its audio tracks Im after, not Midi.

My track list, well its for a movie, its mostly dialogue from a live shoot so many layers are needed for every scene for the cleanup. Then the ADR needs to be blended to this via its individual tracks with filters.
Then there is the complex sound design, some parts of it requires up to 30 stereo tracks.
Then there is the 5:1 atmos layers.
Then I'm doing all this as a 5:1 mix and 5:1 plugins eat up extra tracks just by being activated.
Then, it would be nice to mix the music in the same session....

300+ tracks would probably be enough.

Sukram 06-16-2011 08:23 AM

Hello Chris, your details mention HD6, does that man you have 6 accell cards? If so how many audio tracks do you have for use? Any advice on this will be so helpful.
Nice analogue tape joke.
All the best, Markus.

KMcK 06-16-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sukram (Post 1806013)
300+ tracks would probably be enough.

Sounds like you need 2 more rigs then. One to get your desired track count and another to be your stem recorder so you can actually record your mix.

The last dub I was involved with had 8 rigs going. 1 for DX, 1 for MX and 5 rigs of SFX plus a dedicated stem recorder, so 3 machines isn't really that bad. Of course you'll need some sort of console to be able to bring up both machines together, plus some sync hardware to keep it all happy.

Styles Bitchly 06-16-2011 12:14 PM

196 Tracks! Holy Cow! Are you working for Mutt Lange? Perhaps stereo miking each member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir? Recreating Freddie Mercury's vocals on "Bohemian Rhapsody" - three times? :)

I am also very curious to see what you're working on. I think the largest track count I've ever had was around 48, and that made me feel quite superior. I now feel somewhat slight, and insignificant.

Craig F 06-16-2011 12:30 PM

You need to link rigs.
The Lost stage at Disney is 9 rigs linked together
8 for source 9 is for recording Satellite links and a Sound Master to drive it all