Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Pro Tools 10 HD Native Input Monitoring Glitch (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=318417)

Asar 02-29-2012 04:30 PM

Pro Tools 10 HD Native Input Monitoring Glitch

i noticed when i have the green "i" highlighted on a record track, but not actually recording, only sometimes it will play my mic signal through it. it seems like after i been in the session for about 10-15 mins my mic signal will come through without recording, which is what I'm used to. anyone else having this issue? i toggle back and forth with the "set record tracks to input only" and "auto input" options but its the same glitch of not working at times. please look into this and fix it avid. thanks! :D

Asar 04-21-2012 10:13 AM

Re: Pro Tools 10 HD Native Input Monitoring Glitch

issue still exists in 10.1.2 of pro tools hd. this is when using low latency mode and on a hd native card.

Asar 04-26-2012 11:32 PM

issue still exists in 10.1.3

BobbyDazzler 04-27-2012 03:13 AM

Just out of interest, are you using Low Latency Monitoring?

Asar 04-27-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler (Post 1925829)
Just out of interest, are you using Low Latency Monitoring?

Yes

Asar 05-10-2012 05:21 AM

Please look into this Avid. Driving me crazy.

Carl Lie 05-10-2012 03:55 PM

Did you check the cable?

C

BobbyDazzler 05-10-2012 04:20 PM

Are you using hardware inserts on any tracks feeding to the nominated LLM pair? or do you have any plugins on a master track feeding the LLM pair?
Is the Input Monitored track feeding a bus?
All of these scenarios are affecting the way LLM works for me.

stationwest615 05-14-2012 07:57 PM

this problem occurs to me as well. I am on PTX with the Native Card. When low latency monitoring is ON input monitor does not work. BOOOOOOOOooooooo

I seem to have figured out a work around though...

if i go to Hardware settings and change the buffer size to a smaller setting, when i retry input monitoring, it works. Even if i then change the buffer size BACK to what it was before. Not sure why.

Avid please fix this! My 002 runs smoother better than PTX!!!! why did i pay the high price for a crap product?

Labroue 05-15-2012 02:48 AM

Hi,

I have the same problem with the Digi003, and PT10 CPTK (+ low latency input monitoring mode).

In order to work in good conditions, I found a solution. I place in the virtual console a first input channel (this is very important that it be first); I always switches the input monitoring (light green) on this first empty track.

I do not use this first track, it only allows the system to work.

Avid Please, fix this bug.

Thank you; best regards.