Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Pro Tools 2019 ! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=403079)

PTPerson 01-24-2019 11:43 AM

Re: Pro tools 2019 !

I truely worry about Avid.

Please sell Pro Tools and start Digidesign again.

I haven't renewed since April, and having seen updates since, I haven't missed out it seems.

Having to purchase extra tracks? Good lord.

conleec 01-24-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noah330 (Post 2513935)
I don't need 128 tracks, so I'm not that concerned about that but as an Ultimate Native user what exactly am I getting?

It's a little confusing to read.

You're getting the satisfaction of knowing that your friends with HDX cards can pay for functionality you don't need to buy.

deanrichard 01-24-2019 11:47 AM

What other DAWs have a track limit, other than what the hardware supports?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abomeerza (Post 2513920)
https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...racks-and-more

Avid are showing the next version of Pro Tools at their NAMM Booth until January 27th 2019. Avid plan to release the next version of Pro Tools sometime during the first 3 months of 2019, but the exact release date is yet to be set.

The New Features Being Added In The Next Version Of Pro Tools
Get up to 1152 voices with Pro Tools Ultimate - The maximum number of voices (or maximum number of tracks at 48K sample rate) for a Pro Tools Ultimate system is going up from 768 to 1152. This will enable you to scale your systems as needed for the most complex projects to playback in multiple rooms, enhancing Audio Post workflows.

There will 2 ways you will be able to do this depending on what hardware and software you have.

If you an HDX owner then with this new version of Pro Tools the maximum number of simultaneous audio tracks for each HDX card will go up from 256 to 384. If you have an HDX3 system that will bring the maximum number of simultaneous audio tracks to 1152.

If you are a standalone Pro Tools Ultimate software owner you will be able to purchase ‘voice packs’. Each voice pack will increase your maximum number of simultaneous audio tracks in blocks of 128 voices.

We understand that there will be options for both perpetual and subscription (rental) users and that users with a perpetual license will be able to rent a voice pack enabling you to increase the track count of a system for a period of time to say handle a large job and then drop back to the normal track count at the end of the voice pack rental period.

Experiment and edit with seamless playback - With this next version of Pro Tools you will be able to add plug-ins, change loop duration, and make other timeline and track changes, without Pro Tools stopping and breaking your creative flow.

This is great news and something users have been asking for, for a long time. We can’t wait for this feature is will mean that Pro Tools won’t stop when you want to make changes.

Double your MIDI track count - If you are a heavy MIDI user in Pro Tools for composition work, then with this next version of Pro Tools, you will have double the number of MIDI tracks available, up from 512 to 1024 enabling you to create colossal, richly orchestrated pieces all within Pro Tools.

Gain full monitoring control with Pro Tools Control - With the next version of Pro Tools you will be able to control any EUCON-enabled monitoring system, including Pro Tools MTRX, XMON, monitor sources in Pro Tools, right from your iPad. This will mean that you can do so much more with just an iPad and the free Pro Tools Control app. If you have an S6 and you are away from the console, as long as you have your iPad within reach, you will be able to control your EUCON-enabled monitoring system.

Get to the tracks you need faster on a control surface - There will be some new Eucon features added in the next version of Pro Tools. Avid are adding “Scroll to Track” and “Scroll into View” features in the Eucon protocols making it even easier to scroll around Pro Tools windows and bank your Eucon enabled control surface accordingly.

Evil Jack 01-24-2019 11:55 AM

Purchase voice packs?
What a horrible company.

Righty27 01-24-2019 11:55 AM

Considering the challenges of providing value for a range of users including home studio amateurs up to the largest post production facilities, this sounds like a reasonable way to introduce more pricing tiers.

After all, I normally only see (in pictures online!) those mega-projects with many hundred of tracks when reading about the latest Hollywood blockbuster. I don’t know any musicians, music producers, etc. who would require >1,000 tracks :)

sambosun 01-24-2019 12:06 PM

I’m pretty sure soon you will be able to rent Folder Tracks or a clip view for just 600$ a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin1524 01-24-2019 12:16 PM

How about...
  • Support for VST, VST3 and AU plugins like Studio One has
  • Import/Export to more audio formats such as FLAC and ACC like Studio one has
  • Two separate buffers for input and output like Studio One has
  • Ability to set input buffer down as low as 16 samples like Studio One has
  • Melodyne ARA integration
  • Ability to use VST/VST3/AU plugins like Studio One has
  • Scale timeline by click holding and moving up/down like Studio One has
  • Packing tracks into folders like Studio One has
  • Built-In Project/CD Burning like Studio One has
  • Complex routing to VIs and plugins like Studio One has
  • Better, clearer, fatter metering of inputs and outputs like Studio One has
  • Install on up to 5 computers Mac/PC with same license, no subscription fee like Studio One has.
  • Bug fixes free, pay for major upgrades like Studio One has
  • Great communication with customers, like Presonus has
  • Chordtrack/detection like Studio One has
  • Scratchpad like Studio One has
  • Many, many more innovative features like what Studio One has.
  • Super stable and fast launching. Studio One wins!
  • Integration with Waves Soundgrid and/or SG versions of all Avid plugins
  • While we're at it, VST3/AU versions of all Avid plugins and VIs so we can use them in other DAWs.

Seeing how none of these is likely to happen why do I continue my Ultimate subscription? LOL @ voice packs. Packed with features NOT.

amagras 01-24-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krabbencutter (Post 2513928)
Community: "WE WANT FOLDER TRACKS!"

AVID:"You want MORE TRACKS? Awesome, here you go!"

[emoji1787]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c28aa0d2e5.jpg

rinky 01-24-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PTPerson (Post 2513941)
I truely worry about Avid.

Please sell Pro Tools and start Digidesign again.

I haven't renewed since April, and having seen updates since, I haven't missed out it seems.

Having to purchase extra tracks? Good lord.

I was just thinking the same exact thing! Sell PT to other capable companies!

This definitely will be my last year to pay for lackluster updates, with bugs!
$400 a year, and more if I want extra tracks??
Wow. Just wow!

Eric Lambert 01-24-2019 12:38 PM

Impressive! I've seen more ridiculous updates for PT, but it's been awhile. This one's a true anagram for "this!"