Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   ERXP firmware update requirements, etc. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=306833)

Infiltrator 07-18-2011 02:33 PM

ERXP firmware update requirements, etc.

THere is serious compatibility issues in my situation. I am stuck on win xp with Pro Tools 7.4. The system requirements are different - but cant I just install this expansion pack with any computer containing windows XP merely to just insert the new amps into the actual unit?

This is because I will only be using this unit stand alone and need those extra amp models in the unit for using it in a rack live and in my studio to use it by running the audio XLR outs to my H8000FW - and i will not be doing the USB thing because I need the quality of my eventide converter for its EQs and stuff which then goes Optical to my sound card....

But the system requirements of mine simply do not match the firmware update requirements on the expansion pack webpage... but why? I am just trying to get those other models into the unit for use away from any computer connections - for example - LIVE!! LOL

Please help. Serious problems here. I am stuck and need a temporary fix until my time on the Axe FX 2 waiting list arrives - because a dealer has allowed me to rent out Eleven Rack until that time comes - then the other issue is that I need to return the expansion pack because my dealer is letting me rent it. The only use i will have for this eleven rack is for the modded 800 and ecstasy blue in the expansion pack... and not the stock amps - so how can i make sure to also be able to return the expansion pack?

Infiltrator 08-16-2011 09:51 PM

Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack

Can't return the expansion pack after the rental. Thanks Avid. You just lost a customer. I'm just temporarily using a Pod X3 pro on rent till my Axe FX 2 waiting list coupon comes... the X3 has s a decent 800 hot rod that sounds just as good as the Eleven expansion pack one.

Vercingetorix 08-16-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infiltrator (Post 1825823)
Can't return the expansion pack after the rental. Thanks Avid. You just lost a customer. I'm just temporarily using a Pod X3 pro on rent till my Axe FX 2 waiting list coupon comes... the X3 has s a decent 800 hot rod that sounds just as good as the Eleven expansion pack one.

Well, judging by your past posts and my personal experiences with you, and the fact, that you ended up in my "ignore list", I won't miss you one little bit. That's right, I made an effort to view this post, and I'm glad I did.

Still, I'm big enough to say I hope you do well in your future travels.

Vercingetorix 08-16-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infiltrator (Post 1825823)

Well, judging by your past posts and my personal experiences with you, and the fact, that you ended up in my "ignore list", I can't say you were boring. I think you will fit in nicely with you new friends at FAS.

Infiltrator 08-17-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vercingetorix (Post 1825827)
Well, judging by your past posts and my personal experiences with you, and the fact, that you ended up in my "ignore list", I can't say you were boring. I think you will fit in nicely with you new friends at FAS.

It seems your ignore list ain't working too well there chief.

I already owned an Ultra. And ya there are some friends of mine there. Chronograph being one of them. I haven't heard anything remotely close out of eleven. And he was just using an ultra and not a two in those clips.

To the rest, i finally was in the presence a few AF2s purchased by three guys who drove all the way to fractal to pick them up. After hearing this, i am not even considering anything else, and I can't wait to get rid of my X3. There is a clear difference.

Vercingetorix 08-18-2011 03:35 AM

Move along - nothing to see here!

Infiltrator 08-18-2011 07:13 AM

Ok sure. Nothing to see. I guess I am just making things up for no reason, based on no evidence and no first hand verification.

Ok, sure - everybody go back to Eleven rack. Its higher fidelity than an Axe FX 2. Its more realistic, and has more features. And it acts as a pro tools interface via USB! Whoopeeee!!!!!

:cool:

Mister_Riff 08-18-2011 08:18 AM

hmm this situation that is starting seems mighty familiar ...

*looks to the left* ... *looks to the right*

*slowly walks away*

Benoni 08-18-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_Riff (Post 1826328)
hmm this situation that is starting seems mighty familiar ...

*looks to the left* ... *looks to the right*

*slowly walks away*

where do you think you're goin' ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tb7yCCT4nM

derker 08-18-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoni (Post 1826355)
where do you think you're goin' ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tb7yCCT4nM

I was thinking more here...
:D