Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Some bus paths could not be mapped to their previous output paths. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=408309)

Kbiastre 02-01-2020 07:34 PM

Some bus paths could not be mapped to their previous output paths.

2 Attachment(s)
I'm running a recently updated Protools version 2019.10.0 on a mid 2015 MacBook Pro, OS High Sierra 10.13.6.

My interface is a Saffire Pro 40 (Firewire). The Saffire Mix Control software version is 3.7.

After updating to PT 2019.10.0, I packed up my gear and moved to a new studio, so I had not yet fired it up, until tonight. I got a message “Some bus paths could not be mapped to their previous output paths.” (See Picture #1).

When I turned all my gear on, there was power to everything, I opened a previous session to play, but the audio was coming from my MacBook Pro speakers. I have no audio coming from my interface and monitors that are plugged into my interface. I assume it has to do with the bus paths issue.

I updated my Saffire Mix Control software, rebooted everything, and still got the same bus path message.

Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? I see in I/O Setup there appears to be a way to delete/build new paths (Picture #2), but I have no idea how to do that. There’s a DEFAULT button but I didn’t click on it.

Thanks very much.

john1192 02-01-2020 09:27 PM

Re: Some bus paths could not be mapped to their previous output paths.

you could open Pro Tools while holding the Option Key if on a Mac... i think it is ALT on PC, this will allow you to choose your Interface (Saffire) ..

Southsidemusic 02-02-2020 01:13 AM

Hold down the N key when launching PT and when the popup window comes up choose your interface and load up PT and see if that helps.

musicman691 02-02-2020 04:44 AM

Kbiastre:
In addition to what's written above I suggest taking a look at the User's Guide (aka The Manual) chapter 6 page 58 in the section 'I/O Setup Buttons'. There it describes the 4 buttons related to path setups. Specifically for the 'default' button I quote:
"Default Button Resets a path type to its default path configuration, depending on the physical hardware I/O you are using and how your hardware is configured.

Option-click (Mac) or Alt-click (Windows) the Default button to restore defaults to paths in all pages of the I/O Setup."

This is from the manual for PT 2019.6

john1192 02-02-2020 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2552984)
Hold down the N key when launching PT and when the popup window comes up choose your interface and load up PT and see if that helps.

what was i smoking ... "N" key yes ... i do this all the time .. thx for the correction ..