Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Arturia servers down? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=407568)

musicman691 12-12-2019 10:41 AM

Arturia servers down?

Opened Arturia Service Center and it auto-updated itself. When that was done I reopened it and was told my VCollection 6 had updates so I clicked on 'update all'. Analog Lab 4, ARP 2600, Buchla Easel all updated and then things went south. The ASC went into a cycle of license synchronization.

Force quit ASC and reboot - same thing. Now I can't even get to their website.

edit for additional:
Well I finally got everything updated and now all my Arturia plugins are coming up in demo mode. ASC can't connect. Apparently every time one updates Arturia plugins they lose their authorization as this loss of authorizations happened before.

leftalive 12-12-2019 11:17 AM

Re: Arturia servers down?

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2547579)

Force quit ASC and reboot - same thing. Now I can't even get to their website.

Sounds about right. Every time I try and use ASC, I have the same set of issues.

musicman691 12-12-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leftalive (Post 2547587)
Sounds about right. Every time I try and use ASC, I have the same set of issues.

Are you able to get to the Arturia site? I was able to get in and logged in and now can't logout.

TNM 12-12-2019 12:41 PM

And this is exactly why software that relies on an online server sucks..

This is why I choose dongles any day over challenge/response.

Sorry to hear it and hope it comes back online for you soon so you can use your plugins.

musicman691 12-12-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNM (Post 2547610)
And this is exactly why software that relies on an online server sucks..

This is why I choose dongles any day over challenge/response.

Sorry to hear it and hope it comes back online for you soon so you can use your plugins.

Was finally able to get this mess straightened out. Their damned server kept crapping out intermittently. The way the authorization works is once your plugins are registered on their site they download some kind of file to your computer. Then once you have that you can unplug from the net. There's also a method that one can use for a machine that doesn't go online that requires a machine that does go online to get the license file.

All well and good except that for some odd reason these last couple of updates that Arturia put out have caused my plugins to lose their authorization even though my Arturia account says my computer is authorized. One of the things Arturia's ASC (Arturia Service Center) does when you call it up to check for updates is to synchronize the computer authorizations with what's in my account.

True - I'd rather have an iLok or Vienna key then this crap.

64GTOBOY 12-12-2019 04:24 PM

Plus they seem to have some of the most overloaded servers among VI devs

musicman691 12-12-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY (Post 2547637)
Plus they seem to have some of the most overloaded servers among VI devs

Yup.
Also Pigments 2 dropped today but I can't see a lot of people downloading it right away. Arturia makes some killer stuff but their web presence - not so much.

nedorama 12-13-2019 07:45 AM

Hmm - updated my V6 instruments Wednesday without issue. Have never had a problem with Arturia, although they may have had extra server pressure with their Black Friday/CM deal.

musicman691 12-13-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nedorama (Post 2547677)
Hmm - updated my V6 instruments Wednesday without issue. Have never had a problem with Arturia, although they may have had extra server pressure with their Black Friday/CM deal.

You got lucky. ASC has always been an issue for not just me but others as well.

Southsidemusic 12-13-2019 10:11 AM

Pigments2 is not included in the V7 Collection which we just bought 1 week ago ... typical BS!