Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Upgrade Plan or Subscription is current but new license not deposited for 12.6/later (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=384586)

thanos4 09-28-2016 08:31 AM

Upgrade Plan or Subscription is current but new license not deposited for 12.6/later

didn't receive any new license in my ilok account...

thanos4 09-28-2016 09:00 AM

Re: 12.6 released!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOM@METRO (Post 2384195)
Keep in mind, you will need the new ilok licenses to run 12.6. It will require a surrender of old licenses. Do this first to prevent down-time.

yaiks....thought it could do it's thing upon launch...
now i have to wait till the new license deposit...hope today...

diamondschwin 09-28-2016 09:13 AM

Seriously Avid? You push out software updates without providing authorizations first?

I really know NO other company, large or small who consistently has issues like this.

I know everyone is going to say "dont jump on 12.6 so soon"

But if Avid decides to release it (which hopefully they intentionally did, otherwise theres really some terrible communication within their own offices) shouldnt they make sure they have provided licenses to people to USE it?

So many times Avid misfires with stuff like this, and I am boots on the ground, using, supporting and implementing their technology everyday trying to deal with this stuff.

Mitchel 09-28-2016 09:16 AM

Re: Seriously Avid? You push out software updates without providing authorizations fi

+1!!!
iLok Authorisation PLEASE Avid!

TVPostSound 09-28-2016 09:16 AM

Re: Seriously Avid? You push out software updates without providing authorizations fi

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondschwin (Post 2384201)
I really know NO other company, large or small who consistently has issues like this.

But if Avid decides to release it (which hopefully they intentionally did, otherwise theres really some terrible communication within their own offices) shouldnt they make sure they have provided licenses to people to USE it?

So many times Avid misfires with stuff like this, and I am boots on the ground, using, supporting and implementing their technology everyday trying to deal with this stuff.

12.6 has not been released.

Assets are being rolled out as we speak into iLk accounts.

My licenses were deposited last night, and this morning.

thanos4 09-28-2016 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TVPostSound (Post 2384203)

i have just installed it but haven't got the license ...:( my fault!!!
check your avid account

diamondschwin 09-28-2016 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TVPostSound (Post 2384203)

really? cuz i got a laptop here with 12.6 ready for testing before deploying to the other 6 systems I am responsible for (people are clamoring for clip effects)

NickCia 09-28-2016 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondschwin (Post 2384201)

+1000

del cosmos 09-28-2016 09:21 AM

12.6 installers appear on my account but theres no ilok authorization.

Does Avid will send this authorization automaticaly?

I don't understand.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diamondschwin 09-28-2016 09:22 AM

in fact its available in three separate Avid accounts I have access to and manage...

So if this isnt a 'release' what is?

DetroitT 09-28-2016 09:22 AM

12.6 is Released I stand corrected.

Okay. Now, the license should be in your iLok account.

NickCia 09-28-2016 09:23 AM

Same situation here!!!
C'mon

junkgear 09-28-2016 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by del cosmos (Post 2384208)
12.6 installers appear on my account but theres no ilok authorization.

Does Avid will send this authorization automaticaly?

I don't understand.

Thanks.

Yes, Avid has started rolling out licenses for 12.6. I have no idea how long it will take for everyone to receive them though.

Here is a link to the Pro-Tools Licensing FAQ for reference.

DetroitT 09-28-2016 09:27 AM

Thanks I was out of focus....

del cosmos 09-28-2016 09:31 AM

12.6 released!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkgear (Post 2384213)
Yes, Avid has started rolling out licenses for 12.6. I have no idea how long it will take for everyone to receive them though.

Here is a link to the Pro-Tools Licensing FAQ for reference.

Thanks for the info.

I don't understand why AVID release the installers before getting the ilok thing soarted. FACEPALM!

Fidelis 09-28-2016 09:42 AM

I received the ilok authorisations. But I'll upgrade in a couple of weeks when I 'll have one day off.

Edit: I just received licenses just for my normal Pro Tools, not for the Pro Tools HD (as I have both softwares)

TOM@METRO 09-28-2016 09:44 AM

If they went with the ilok first, everyone would be complaining about the software being held back. Please give it a day. Start installing when you have it all.

Many already have it all. It's coming.

Southsidemusic 09-28-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondschwin (Post 2384205)
really? cuz i got a laptop here with 12.6 ready for testing before deploying to the other 6 systems I am responsible for (people are clamoring for clip effects)

The clip effects you are "clamoring" for is only EQ and Comp, no effects or cool any other stuff

amagras 09-28-2016 10:05 AM

Wait a second, isn't 12.6 like the other versions where you just have to download, install and run? What did I miss?

Update, I just found the answer in another thread.

TimNielsen 09-28-2016 10:21 AM

Ridiculous, I also don't yet have the asset in my iLok account. How can they continually screw these things up that badly. Oh, here's new software. But yeah, you can't use it yet....

Why weren't assets rolled out two weeks ago, clearly that part is pretty simple!

diamondschwin 09-28-2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2384235)
The clip effects you are "clamoring" for is only EQ and Comp, no effects or cool any other stuff

I am very well aware of that. Regardless people want to try this feature and I am happy to oblige but the fact that Avid can't release software in a reliable method so we can use their new features (whether you personally care for them or not) is shocking to me. I don't want to be an Avid apologist just because a new feature is not exciting to you or not.

3peacestudios 09-28-2016 10:22 AM

HAHA, amazing. Just happen to see someone posted 12.6 came out and decide to install since I had some time to do so. And yea, lo and behold, no license. Smooth.

T-Low 09-28-2016 10:33 AM

Re: Another iLok license issue

i have both licenses in my ilok account ,
but can't activate the new " Pro Tools HD PLAN "

Dizzi45Z 09-28-2016 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fidelis (Post 2384223)

Edit: I just received licenses just for my normal Pro Tools, not for the Pro Tools HD (as I have both softwares)

This is my situation.

risey 09-28-2016 10:58 AM

Oh great, just installed 12.6 on windows and then it asks for ilok (no license), had no problems with 12.5....
Anyone? (perpetual license)

Prabha 09-28-2016 11:12 AM

Damn Avid!! created a restore point, installed 12.6 just to find it's not on my ilok account.

Going back to the restore point and PT won't boot... now I've got a window complaining about "the procedure entry point"

Reinstalled 12.5.2 and the same thing happens.

This software is really dangerous!!

jeffro 09-28-2016 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Low (Post 2384286)
same here

Not exactly the same - your account does not have the new license bundle (yet). If you don't see it by end of the day I'd recommend that you start a support case via your Avid account > Access The Support Center > Equipment > Create A Case

T-Low 09-28-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2384299)
Not exactly the same - your account does not have the new license bundle (yet). If you don't see it by end of the day I'd recommend that you start a support case via your Avid account > Access The Support Center > Equipment > Create A Case

i see ... sorry, my mistake
thanks

moshuajusic 09-28-2016 11:21 AM

You GOTTA know by now NOT to install Avid software immediately upon release. This isn't even exclusive to Avid. In general, it's a good idea to wait a bit on any software update in case some unexpected, crippling bugs or other crap creep up.

But I guess someone's gotta jump the gun and take one for the team so Avid knows there's a problem. lol

deanrichard 09-28-2016 11:25 AM

That's ridiculous. This is very much a problem exclusive to Avid.

A few months ago I bought a Reaper license. They push out a new version every month or two. Since I've bought it, I've had at least four upgrades.

Number of problems with installation: zero
Number of times the software has failed to run after install: zero
Number of major bugs encountered with the new version: zero
Average length of time needed to do the upgrade: about 30 seconds

No issues, No problems. No bugs. Instant upgrades. And software that, IMO, is more powerful than PT Native, as well as being infinitely more flexible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscomposer (Post 2384303)
I don't understand all the complaining. You GOTTA know by now NOT to install Avid software immediately upon release. This isn't even exclusive to Avid. In general, it's a good idea to wait a bit on any software update in case some unexpected, crippling bugs creep up.

Or are you saying you suddenly can't use Pro Tools even without installing 12.6 because of some license/authorization issue?

diamondschwin 09-28-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscomposer (Post 2384303)
You GOTTA know by now NOT to install Avid software immediately upon release. This isn't even exclusive to Avid. In general, it's a good idea to wait a bit on any software update in case some unexpected, crippling bugs or other crap creep up.

But I guess someone's gotta jump the gun and take one for the team so Avid knows there's a problem. lol

I spend more money on Avid software yearly than I do on ANYTHING else with their support plan.

I know I am pushing it but guess what I got not only two separate emails but also Avid let loose some tweets all touting "12.6 is here! Upgrade today!"

and so if I was a complete fool, and had no idea Avids history, I would say 'cool lets do it!' only to find it doesnt work.....

There is an entire cottage industry around Avid technical support across their entire product line.... meanwhile I am working with alot of writer/director/producer/editor/colorist etc. who just grab an Adobe Cloud subscription and do their thing cuz it works....

Gemylon 09-28-2016 11:41 AM

Hi Jeffro,

My new HD license is there, but my new 'Vanilla' licenses are not present ...

Can you please check that for me ?

Thanks !

adesound1 09-28-2016 11:41 AM

Re: Pro Tools 12.6 Problem Please Help

Going through the same situation. Your new licence has not been placed in your iLok account yet. "We" just have to wait until the new license is added and then authorized. You can re-install 12.5 and run it until the license is available.

jeffro 09-28-2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemylon (Post 2384323)
...My new HD license is there, but my new 'Vanilla' licenses are not present ...
Can you please check that for me ?...

Will do.

SOUNDDECISION 09-28-2016 12:04 PM

I may have jumped the gun.

I thought I received my licenses but after installing 12.6HD on my HD rig, I realize in my ilok account there is only a license for 1 of my NON-HD licenses.

Now I have 12.6HD installed and can't activate that rig.

Obviously my fault for going for it on the first day but how can I get my ilok license.... ?

tonykitowicz 09-28-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2384327)
Will do.

Hi, I have the same problem. I received the new perpetual license for HD but not for the vanilla license. I was wondering if it had something to do that I don't have support, although I have the upgrade until 2017.

Thanks
Tony Kitowicz

thanos4 09-28-2016 12:26 PM

Still waiting for the new license

As title says,still waiting for the new license ...almost 4hours
Will this be sorted today or call it a day?

rogerhavoc 09-28-2016 12:32 PM

Pro Tools HD 12.6 ILOK Activation Troubles

2 Attachment(s)
Hey All,

I just finished installed PT|HD 12.6 but when I try to run it, I can't pass the ilk activation window (MacPro 10.11.06). I have the Perpetual License, but the iLOk window keeps saying otherwise. Anyone else had problems updating it?

Thanks in advance!

Roger

thanos4 09-28-2016 12:44 PM

Re: Still waiting for the new license

Jeffro any help,please??

grame99 09-28-2016 12:48 PM

Re: Pro Tools 12.6 Problem Please Help

So I download and install 12.6 and I have no licenses in my account. Sigh.